Could you become a Catholic Preist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
    I never said suicide bombers were just. I said God is just. Satan is not just, for example.
    Is it just to punish kids for things their parents have done?
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Sure, as long as you're sufficiently powerful
      <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
        Might want to check back with Jesus and Ephesians on that one. On the other hand, it might explain why protestants agree with divorce, and schism.
        Marriage is suppose to unify man and wife. That doesn't mean it happens. Similarly, the Church should be one with God, but is not.
        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
          Given that the move away from the Latin rite happened in the 60s, I fail to see how you can blame the Latin rite for church abuse. I'd argue that modernism is responsible both for the subsequent abuse and the liturgical difficulties.
          "There was never any abuse until the move away from Latin rite."

Thanks Ben, we can always count on you to say the DUMBEST thing imaginable.
          "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Whatever harm a suicide bomber does likely won't be remembered 1000 years from now.
            Same applies for people who aren't suicide bombers. How much stuff from the 11th century can you remember? In the 30th century people will be like "Oh, the 20th century, that's when Hitler tried to take over the world."

Comment

"There was never any abuse until the move away from Latin rite."

modernism is responsible both for the subsequent abuse and the liturgical difficulties.
              Nice spin, MRT. I said subsequent abuse, meaning everything from the 60s, on. Which of course, if you're well aware is when the abuse spiked.

And gee, when was Rembart Weakland appointed to the Vatican II Commission? 1964. But that's all just a tragic co-incidence. A year previous he had been a music teacher.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
                Is it just to punish kids for things their parents have done?
                Suicide bombing? They choose to do that. We all have choices to make. We do, in fact, suffer because of the sins of others. God has reasons for this.

Comment

Suicide bombing? They choose to do that. We all have choices to make. We do, in fact, suffer because of the sins of others. God has reasons for this.
                  Sadism?

Comment

So with other words, everything we consider unjust can be justified by just saying that god has reasons for this.

But cannot a suicide bomber say the same ... that his action may seem unjust, but that he does it in the name of Allah and Allah has reasons for this?
                    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                      Same applies for people who aren't suicide bombers. How much stuff from the 11th century can you remember? In the 30th century people will be like "Oh, the 20th century, that's when Hitler tried to take over the world."
                      You're missing the point. It doesn't actually matter if people remember it. Good ultimately triumphs over evil, because God is just and powerful.

Comment

God is just and powerful.
                        If justice is equivalent to power, then why not just say that God is powerful? Essentially what you're saying here is "God is powerful and powerful"

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
                          So with other words, everything we consider unjust can be justified by just saying that god has reasons for this.

But cannot a suicide bomber say the same ... that his action may seem unjust, but that he does it in the name of Allah and Allah has reasons for this?
                          I'm not justifying injustices. Suicide bombing is an injustice. It happens because we live in a world full of human beings who choose to disobey God. God makes all of us suffer for this. That's not to say that anymore should hold people accountable for the sin of others. God doesn't actually do that. Bad things happen for reasons that we don't understand, but God knows the reasons.

Comment

You said that you would kill your family if god told you to do so - how do you know that the suicide bombers weren't told to become suicide bombers by god?

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger View Post
                              If justice is equivalent to power, then why not just say that God is powerful? Essentially what you're saying here is "God is powerful and powerful"
                              Ok then God is powerful.

Comment

You're missing the point. It doesn't actually matter if people remember it. Good ultimately triumphs over evil, because God is just and powerful.
                                Why is it taking so long? God seems to enjoy taking his sweet time to help starving children.

Comment

Working...
                                X