Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here we go again: almost all diet advice is wrong (again)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your intellectual abilities astound me. Explain the world to me
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Get a job and you'll learn about the world for yourself

Comment

• No I really think that would be a waste of my time. You are an excellent resource.

You should become a personal trainer or nutritionist. Maybe even a life coach

Easiest money you'll ever make

EAT LESS FATTIES LAWL
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pedotard View Post
          If you ate nothing but eggs then measuring how many calories you eat would be pretty easy.
          My diet isn't very complex and tends to be very stable for long periods of time.

For the past 6 years ... 2 to 3 of my meals each day are bread/sandwiches. The rest are almost always to be rice/noodles with a side dish. This last year has had more variation than the 5 before it.

It's certainly not hard to compare it to the 4 years before that, when I ate 2 meals each day (a bowl of cereal or two sandwiches for lunch, dinner well-rounded). 5 larger meals or 2 smaller meals? Gosh ... it's so hard to tell if my caloric intake varied!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sava View Post
            No I really think that would be a waste of my time. You are an excellent resource.

You should become a personal trainer or nutritionist. Maybe even a life coach

Easiest money you'll ever make

EAT LESS FATTIES LAWL
            How do you suggest people lose weight without eating fewer calories or exercising more?

Comment

• Originally posted by Aeson View Post
              My diet isn't very complex and tends to be very stable for long periods of time.

For the past 6 years ... 2 to 3 of my meals each day are bread/sandwiches. The rest are almost always to be rice/noodles with a side dish. This last year has had more variation than the 5 before it.

It's certainly not hard to compare it to the 4 years before that, when I ate 2 meals each day (a bowl of cereal or two sandwiches for lunch, dinner well-rounded). 5 larger meals or 2 smaller meals? Gosh ... it's so hard to tell if my caloric intake varied!
              Many people believe they are inexplicably fat/thin in spite of how little/much they eat. You are not alone.

Comment

How do you suggest people lose weight without eating fewer calories or exercising more?
                Quote where I said that

In addition to being frothingly unintelligent, you seem to be a liar as well.

What do you do for a living anyways? WalMart greeter?
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Many people believe they are inexplicably fat/thin in spite of how little/much they eat. You are not alone.
                  You have no information to judge by. You're just an ignorant deluded person who is too stupid to know if 5 larger meals is more calories than 2 smaller meals.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sava View Post
                    Quote where I said that

In addition to being frothingly unintelligent, you seem to be a liar as well.

What do you do for a living anyways? WalMart greeter?
                    It's weird how you simultaneously believe calories make people fat and get butthurt when people say calories make people fat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aeson View Post
                      You have no information to judge by. You're just an ignorant deluded person who is too stupid to know if 5 larger meals is more calories than 2 smaller meals.
                      Actually I'm saying you're delusional. I haven't seen your meals first hand and I don't care.

Comment

• I skipped the last two pages because boring irrelevance.

You guys also know that you pee and **** calories, right? So, depending on how your body works, the amount and composition of your diet will affect weight loss/gain, even if you keep the amount of calories you eat and the amont of exercise you do constant?
                        Indifference is Bliss

Comment

• Originally posted by N35t0r View Post
                          I skipped the last two pages because boring irrelevance.

You guys also know that you pee and **** calories, right? So, depending on how your body works, the amount and composition of your diet will affect weight loss/gain, even if you keep the amount of calories you eat and the amont of exercise you do constant?
                          Unless someone has a legitimate digestive disorder the effect is probably smaller than the margin of error in estimating how many calories are in the food you're eating.

Comment

• then estimating the amount of calories you burn then estimating...

but yeah, it's all a simple equation.
                            Indifference is Bliss

Comment

• I mean your body might digest sugar slightly more efficiently than protein, but that's not why low carb diets work for some people.

Comment

Actually I'm saying you're delusional. I haven't seen your meals first hand and I don't care.
                                That is confirming the delusion you have. You have no evidence yet have come to a conclusion, yet you haven't let that stop you from pretending you have the first clue about the subject.

As for not caring, that's likely why you've spent so much time arguing about it, right?

Comment

Working...
                                X