Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shouldn't something be done about Mexico?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's a comparison. I used to smoke weed. Now I can't because I will get fired. Guess what? I quit. After awhile I realized I'm better off even though I would still like to smoke sometimes.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• I may not have ever had the trouble that I have. This may come as a shock to you but many people avoid drugs because they are illegal.
      or you could have had a lot more. generally speaking people with drug dependencies have more problems and run more risks than alcoholics. these problems (apart from the addiction obviously) are due to the illegality of drugs.

your claim is very doubtful. using you as an example, you didn't care that weed was illegal when you used it, but you do care about losing your job, so that made you stop. this doesn't support your thesis, and in fact contradicts it.
      "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

• Originally posted by C0ckney View Post
        or you could have had a lot more. generally speaking people with drug dependencies have more problems and run more risks than alcoholics. these problems (apart from the addiction obviously) are due to the illegality of drugs.

your claim is very doubtful. using you as an example, you didn't care that weed was illegal when you used it, but you do care about losing your job, so that made you stop. this doesn't support your thesis, and in fact contradicts it.
        You maybe get a ticket in Ca for personal weed. When I moved to Ok I rarely smoked and stopped carrying.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
          Do you know anything about recovery?
          I'd say with regards to your (poisonous) attitude towards women following the breakdown of your marriage, you've still yet to reach even that stage. No wonder you opted for a misogynistic patriarchal form of Jewish heresy.
          Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

• Alcohol and drugs

Comment

• Originally posted by molly bloom View Post
              I'd say with regards to your (poisonous) attitude towards women following the breakdown of your marriage, you've still yet to reach even that stage. No wonder you opted for a misogynistic patriarchal form of Jewish heresy.
              I love women. I hate psycho libtards who stalk people.

Comment

You maybe get a ticket in Ca for personal weed. When I moved to Ok I rarely smoked and stopped carrying.
                so the harsher penalties didn't actually stop you using. it was, in your own words, the fear of losing your job that did.
                "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

• it's stupid and counter-productive to ban both alcohol and other drugs. it makes the problems associated with use much worse and causes a huge amount of violence and criminality, which simply wouldn't exist were drugs legal.
                  So you're saying the solution to violence is more violence? Is this why you support banning guns?
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                  2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• :head explodes:

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                      So you're saying the solution to violence is more violence? Is this why you support banning guns?
                      are you trying to compete with kid to see who can write the most incoherent post?

Comment

We really don't need more potheads in this country.
                        "We" dont exist to fulfill your needs, freedom means you dont get to decide how I live my life and I dont get to decide how you live yours.

Now, I disagree... If all drugs are legal some will be more popular than others, tobacco and booze were the most popular 200 years ago when all drugs were legal. Today under prohibition pot comes in 3rd followed by other drugs like cocaine, speed and heroin, etc. All these drugs have their fans based on the nature of the "highs", but use gravitates toward tobacco, booze and pot regardless of the laws.

If pot is banned some users will quit, but they'll likely switch to the legal drugs. That means more alcohol and tobacco consumption. Those drugs are worse than pot... "We'd" be better off not exchanging pot smokers for more drinkers and smokers, the cemeteries are already filled with them. And banning pot creates a "gateway" for users to other drugs that are banned, so if pot isn't readily available some users will try drugs that are more dangerous.

Pot is easily discovered by investigators whereas heroin, speed and cocaine are harder to detect. So Nixon's war on pot led directly to spikes in heroin and cocaine trafficking - what a surprise. Reagan's war on drugs made the situation even worse (dumb and dumber), by the mid 80s we had a "crack epidemic" and gangs were recruiting minors into the drug trade (Reagan increased punishments for adults) and juvenile crime skyrocketed. If drug wars were a good thing the US, Colombia and Mexico should be paradises.

Comment

• Pot led me directly to nicotine; it is a gateway drug.

Comment

• It's not necessarily so. That's conjecture. You say the war on pot created all those problems, but that's what you want us to believe. That war on pot could have very little or nothing to do with those problems. Maybe all of that is caused by the breakdown of family values. In particular, people feeling entitled do do whatever they feel like with no regard to how it affects others.

There are still a lot of us who want a good future for this country. We don't want it to end up full of potheads. Like I said, you don't have a right to smoke pot, so I haven't abused your rights.

Comment

• It's comical to hear a deadbeat dad talk about family values
                              <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

There are still a lot of us who want a good future for this country. We don't want it to end up full of potheads. Like I said, you don't have a right to smoke pot, so I haven't abused your rights.
                                You're violating our freedom and the Constitution, the "right" to smoke pot is protected by the religious freedom clause of the 1st Amendment and the unenumerated rights of the 9th...

Congress doesn't have the power to decide what we put in our bodies, the very notion of such a power would have prevented ratification of the Constitution. The Framers weren't stupid, they didn't limit Congress to a few enumerated powers only to give it a blank check to run our lives. Please dont talk about rights, you're nothing but wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X