Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shouldn't something be done about Mexico?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
    If you went to prison because of your drinking whose responsibility would it be
    the people who put him there

Comment

• Originally posted by loinburger View Post
      If I broke a law due to drinking irresponsibly, e.g. drunk driving, then it would be my responsibility. If instead I broke a law put in place by idiots like you that made possession and consumption illegal then it would be primarily your responsibility for being a fascist.
      I'm done here. You're on ignore for this thread.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

• Likewise, it would be your responsibility if you voted for fascist policies that put people in prison for being Muslim, or gay, or any other number of activities that they engage in that are None Of Your Goddamned Business.

If an addict steals, or a Muslim conducts an honor killing, or a homosexual pisses in your coffee, then their activities are Your Goddamned Business and you can punish them all you want (okay, not all you want, but rather within reason i.e. much less than what you want). But note that the crimes you're punishing them for may be correlated with (e.g. 90% of coffee-pissings are done by homosexuals) but are definitely not specific to their activities that are None Of Your Goddamned Business. The law says "thou shalt not steal," not "thou shalt not steal to fund your heroin habit - otherwise, it's cool."
          <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

• god didn't have enough room on them tablets

Comment

• Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
              the people who put him there
              He made a choice and he knew the consequences. Should he blame others?

Comment

• Look at it from this perspective, people who drank during prohibition are responsible for alcohol being legal and all of the ills that we have for it today. Indeed, if people obeyed the law no one would drink alcohol. Society would be much better. You are saying that if one person drank alcohol and he was put in jail, that it would be societies fault, not his?

Comment

• You seem to be of the opinion that The Law is always just. If only those evil Christians had obeyed Rome's outlawing of Christianity then there would be no Christians today and society would be much better.

Also, if you ever catch yourself seriously saying "society would be much better if people were replaced by automatons," i.e. of 100% of the people obeyed the law no matter how nonsensical or unjust that law is, then you're an idiot.
                  Last edited by loinburger; November 27, 2014, 18:37.
                  <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

He made a choice and he knew the consequences. Should he blame others?
                    Others put him in a cage

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                    Look at it from this perspective, people who drank during prohibition are responsible for alcohol being legal and all of the ills that we have for it today. Indeed, if people obeyed the law no one would drink alcohol. Society would be much better. You are saying that if one person drank alcohol and he was put in jail, that it would be societies fault, not his?
                    why am I responsible for what someone else does if I have a beer?

if you put me in a cage for having a beer because someone else got drunk and killed someone then you are blaming me for what they did, thats immoral.

Comment

What are you better than doctors too?

let's hear your experience kid.
                      "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

• Banning alcohol after X thousand years is a bad idea.
                        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• i'm pretty sure that the marijuana plant, the opium poppy, and the coca leaf have been around for longer.
                          "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

• Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
                            Others put him in a cage

why am I responsible for what someone else does if I have a beer?

if you put me in a cage for having a beer because someone else got drunk and killed someone then you are blaming me for what they did, thats immoral.
                            That's not my argument. I wouldn't be blaming you for the actions of others. I'd be blaming you for your own actions or rather inaction. Also, drinking a beer is different than smoking some crack or shooting up some meth or heroine.

But let's just say it's illegal to drink a beer. If we are attacked by a foreign army and face a shortage of oil the government may say people can only drive every other day instead of just saying don't waste gas. Why? Because just telling people not to waste gas doesn't work. Now let's say you decide that you don't waste fuel so you drive on days that are illegal for you to drive. The police arrest you and put you in jail. In the absolute, they are responsible for you being in a cage. But the truth is you are responsible for not doing the responsible thing. What if so many people decided to break the law and the law stopped being enforced. Then each person who broke the law is responsible for the social ill. Similarly, those who drink are responsible for alcoholics drinking, drunk driving etc...

Comment

• Originally posted by C0ckney View Post
                              i'm pretty sure that the marijuana plant, the opium poppy, and the coca leaf have been around for longer.
                              Never was in wide use though, and is worse for your health, I'd say. Just think of the horrendous results of the opium trade between GB and China in the 1800s. Took one and a half century and a Communist revolution to deal with it.
                              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                              I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                              Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nikolai View Post
                                Never was in wide use though,
                                that's not really true (depends how you define wide), but in any case you're moving the goalposts.

Comment

Working...
                                X