Yay, GOP voter suppression is back!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by loinburger View Post
    I'm fine with people having to pass a Good Citizen test before they can vote.

Q. Are you a men's rights activist?

And that's it. That should single out the stupidest potential voters.
    I don't care for the Swedish model. They have now recognized the Palestinian state btw. The what?
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

If you have to prevent people from voting in order to win, then your ideas suck.
      The new Houston Equal Rights Ordinance has drawn national media attention as conservatives battle against what they call the “bathroom bill” and city officials are caught with their feet in their […]

The City requires 17,269 signatures to qualify a petition. When City Secretary Anna Russell initially counted the signatures on the HERO petition, she counted about 600 more than necessary. City Attorney David Feldman then looked through the petition and purportedly found that more than half of the petition’s pages were invalid due to disqualifications, one being that the signers did not live within Houston city limits.
      Gosh. Guess Annise Parker's ideas suck because she's stonewalling a referendum on them.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

What the hell are you talking about? Nobody gives a **** about some random mayor's antics unless they're at Rob Ford levels of awfulness and/or awesomeness
        <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Random major? Give me a break loin. That's liberals. This is the situation we are in. Excuse me if I don't care is some stupid liberals without drivers licenses didn't get to vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
            Random major? Give me a break loin. That's liberals. This is the situation we are in. Excuse me if I don't care is some stupid liberals without drivers licenses didn't get to vote.
            Is the mayor being brought up on criminal charges? No? Okay, so let me get this straight - I'm supposed to be outraged that some random mayor got caught failing to vet a petition's signatures, a crime so horrible that she's not being brought up on charges. Really? **** off. And you think this mayor's non-criminal antics are worse than the institution of a poll tax, something that is unconstitutional? Really?

Comment

Is the mayor being brought up on criminal charges? No? Okay, so let me get this straight - I'm supposed to be outraged that some random mayor got caught failing to vet a petition's signatures, a crime so horrible that she's not being brought up on charges. Really? **** off. And you think this mayor's non-criminal antics are worse than the institution of a poll tax, something that is unconstitutional? Really?
              The point is men will be able to go piss in the women's room. That's exactly what I'm talking about.

Comment

My brother lost his license and was missing his birth certificate or some such thing when he went back to get it. Took well over a month and quite a bit of effort to get it (took money too).

If he hadn't needed to drive, I doubt if he would have bothered.

We can't have such barriers for some (who already vote less than the average) and not such barriers for others.

I could see a poll tax of 9% of the value of your owned property (if you rent, you pay no poll tax) as being something I could agree to...

JM
                (it would counter some of the subsidies to home owners)
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN
                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                  The point is men will be able to go piss in the women's room. That's exactly what I'm talking about.
                  Yeah, I can see how disenfranchising voters is a small price to pay in order to prevent the mortal sin of unisex restrooms

Comment

Yeah, I can see how disenfranchising voters is a small price to pay in order to prevent the mortal sin of unisex restrooms
                    I hope you forget to vote.

Comment

I'm going to campaign for an Idaho state law to make all restrooms unisex. With any luck I'll trigger the Apocalypse.

Satan must be cackling with glee as we speak. "Chortle chortle, first the men will piss all over the toilet seats in the unisex restrooms, then this will somehow cause the women to start fornicating or something? I dunno, I haven't really thought this through..."

Comment

Not allowing people men to use the women's room is not discrimination, racism or oppression. The point is you are an idiot, and voters like you have ruined the only decent country in the history of the world.

Comment

We've established that your partial hierarchy of sins is

1. Unisex restrooms
                          2. Voter disenfranchisement

Where do the following sins rank on the hierarchy?

A. Women voicing opinions that you disagree with
                          B. Being Muslim
                          C. "Rape" if the woman is asking for it

Comment

I'm going to campaign for an Idaho state law to make all restrooms unisex. With any luck I'll trigger the Apocalypse.

Satan must be cackling with glee as we speak. "Chortle chortle, first the men will piss all over the toilet seats in the unisex restrooms, then this will somehow cause the women to start fornicating or something? I dunno, I haven't really thought this through..."
                            ... first the men will piss all over the toilet seats in the unisex restrooms, then this will cause androcide and ...

JM
                            Jon Miller-
                            I AM.CANADIAN
                            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

1. Unisex restrooms. Not a sin. Nice strawman.
                              2. Voter disenfranchisement. Not a sin. The right to vote is not a God given right. You don't get to be an idiot and rule over others.
                              3. Women voicing opinions I disagree with. Only a sin depending on what they say. But probably sin.
                              4. Being Muslim. Seriously? Sin.
                              5. .... No comment.

Comment

If I leave an upper decker in the unisex bathroom is that a hate crime

Comment

Working...
                                X