No announcement yet.

Please don't take this too seriously.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also part of the joke. I am almost always exaggerating my level of marijuanaedness
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• I'm hungry, but there's no food in the house. Except peanut m&ms. I like m&ms. And peanuts. But I don't like peanut m&ms. Whatever will I do.
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• I ate the peanut m&ms. Now I want a dew, but Mountain Dew and peanut m&ms don't exactly go together. Whatever will I do.
        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• I drank the Mountain Dew. Now I have to shower, dress, go to an ATM, pick up my drugs from the pharmacy, and go to my dad's 65th birthday party. But I'm a lazy sonofa***** who can barely get out of bed. Whatever will I do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
            Whatever will I do.
            shower, dress, go to an ATM, pick up my drugs from the pharmacy, and go to my dad's 65th birthday party.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
              I drank the Mountain Dew. Now I have to shower, dress, go to an ATM, pick up my drugs from the pharmacy, and go to my dad's 65th birthday party.
              This happens to me too whenever I drink Mountain Dew.
              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Yeah even my lazy ass got out of the house today. No excuses!
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Did all the above. Saw My Fair Lady. That should be good conversation fodder for the TA. /me rubs hands menacingly.

Comment

• Poor Freddy.
                    “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• I'm not convinced Freddy doesn't have a chance. The homoerotic undertones in My Fair Lady are pretty strong, to the point that I'm pretty sure Eliza will eventually get fed up by how much Henry wishes she were more like Pickering.

Comment

• Like all Brits of that era, they'll just close their eyes and think of England.
                        “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

Comment

• Maybe I wouldn't be so depressed all the time if I didn't root for such a terrible football team.

Comment

• Better than rooting for Oakland.

Comment

• Was Clinton's penis a hot topic of conversation in '92? The only thing I really personally remember about the election is that there was a mock election held in my elementary school and I voted for Clinton because my parents did. I wasn't really aware of his penis becoming newsworthy until the Lewinsky stuff started to come out years later. I'm curious because there's a joke in the book I'm reading right now, and I'm wondering if the joke is merely clever or downright prophetic.

Reading Steven Pinker's The Language Instinct (because TA recommended it to me), and he says:

Originally posted by Steven Pinker
                              An inventory of phonemes is one of the things that gives a language its characteristic sound pattern. For example, Japanese is famous for not distinguishing r from l. When I arrived in Japan on November 4, 1992, the linguist Masaaki Yamanashi greeted me with a twinkle and said, "In Japan, we have been very interested in Clinton's erection."
                              The book came out in 1994, which is still well before when I became aware of Clinton's penis.

Comment

• It would be helpful to watch SNL from the period
                                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                                X