No announcement yet.

Durable shoe brands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You should see if the UofC has a study on that topic.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

I need some spike less golf shoes, my eccos are kinda beat up and wearing down. hell, I need a new set of clubs, the whole shebang, even a golf bag
      Last edited by Berzerker; December 21, 2013, 18:24.

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
        I win
        No you don't. They're clearly called tennis shoes. "Sneakers" just sounds dumb.
        If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
        ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Caterpillar steel toe boots

Comment

Although the shoes that lasted me the longest were some Nike Air from the late 90's (I think they were Nike Air GO '98). Used them for basketball for a couple years, then daily for a few more... still wear them from time to time. I think I spent ~$50 on them.

Comment

How do you get the boots to stay on a caterpillar?
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                No you don't. They're clearly called tennis shoes. "Sneakers" just sounds dumb.
                I have to ask: do you have similar issues with t-shirts and sweaters?
                DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Buy something cheap, decent looking and comfortable. It's not worth doing hours of research to find shoes that will last a little longer unless your time is worthless.

In the America I live in, tennis shoes is their accepted freaking name

I don't really understand why this bothers you so much.

I've heard people call them "tennis shoes" too.

Comment

Comment

As if it weren't bad enough you guys have corrupted words such as liberalism, football and congress.
                      DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

And yet the discrepency in google search results. Sneakers beats Tennis Shoes by an order of 17:1! Ergo sneakers is the dominant term. Explain that one.

What that tells me is google search results are absolutely DOMINATED by Real America (ie- the Northeast Seaboard). Makes sense. We are the cultural capital of the country.

I win.
                        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Philly, a cultural capital of the country. I'm dying.

By the way, something worth noting is that the numbers google puts up for the number of results is completely bull****. It's just fabricated. It isn't even generally within multiple orders of magnitude of the actual number of results.

Comment

Wow, that's a pretty good test for yankee carpetbaggers. I'll have to remember to say 'tennis shoes' instead of runners.
                            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Because stupid people need to search online for places that sell sneakers while normal people just go out and buy some ****ing tennis shoes.

Comment

By the way, something worth noting is that the numbers google puts up for the number of results is completely bull****. It's just fabricated. It isn't even generally within multiple orders of magnitude of the actual number of results.
                                No, they aren't completely bull****. They might be used as "bull****" if you misinterpret them, pretending they mean something other than what Google professes them to mean ...

Comment

Working...
                                X