I wonder if there's someone at A&E that knew about the contents of the interview before it was published.
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Backwoods Hillbilly Removed From Show About Backwoods Hillbillies For Being A Backwoods Hillbilly.
Collapse
X
-
I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
[Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]
-
I think their niche is men who care about fashion and high society and stuff, but don't want to come right out and say they're gay.
Comment
-
My guess is the marathon was already scheduled and they simply declined to unschedule it. Take from that what you will.Originally posted by Dauphin View PostRunning a marathon after suspending him on the other hand. I don't see how that isn't deliberate.Last edited by Lorizael; December 30, 2013, 15:36.Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
"We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld
Comment
-
I think this is simply a matter of A&E trying to be PC and having a popular backlash that made them change their mind. Who would have guessed that given the type viewers the show draws.
To me the larger issue is the knee jerk PC reaction. These days "political correctness" seemd to overshadow freedom of thought and expression."I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003
Comment
-
While I also agree that it has gotten out of hand, you don't have to be a genius to figure out that almost no matter what you say, you're going to piss someone off. So if you can't afford to do that you should probably be more careful about the stuff that comes out of your mouth.
But here, he could afford to piss off some people and will likely benefit from it.It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O
Comment
-
Duck Dynasty has a LOT of fans who are exactly the people who would be offended by his comments. I have numerous liberal type friends in the UK who love it. It'll be interesting to see the long term effects once the people who only just came out the woodwork for political reasons all go back to not watching it because it's reality TV.Originally posted by PLATO View PostI think this is simply a matter of A&E trying to be PC and having a popular backlash that made them change their mind. Who would have guessed that given the type viewers the show draws.
Comment
-
What is your opinion of the show?Originally posted by kentonio View PostDuck Dynasty has a LOT of fans who are exactly the people who would be offended by his comments. I have numerous liberal type friends in the UK who love it. It'll be interesting to see the long term effects once the people who only just came out the woodwork for political reasons all go back to not watching it because it's reality TV.No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.
Comment
-
Originally posted by self biased View PostI wonder if there's someone at A&E that knew about the contents of the interview before it was published.See post #141...Originally posted by Dauphin View PostI'd be more interested in knowing why GQ were interviewing him. Seems an odd demographic, but I don't know who GQ really market to.
Comment
-
His BA is in physical Education. His MA is in education. Both at LA Tech. My BA is in history from the University of Northern British Columbia. So the better question is where I teach similar to where he taught back in the day? Probably. It is not hard to see why this would be.I hear that Phil Robertson got a masters in "education" and was a teacher. I suspect from the same university as Ben.Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
"Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!
Comment
-
Thousands of gay people around the world every year are viciously, physically attacked, beaten, and even killed because their attackers have heard over and over how gay people are an abomination and that our so-called "lifestyle" goes against the Bible, Torah, Koran, or what have you.
What Phil had said was grossly irresponsible and bigoted. When we don't speak out against expressed bigoted opinions, then we are basically condoning violent crimes against gay people.A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.
Comment
-
I'm convinced that Mr Fun = Jesse Jackson Sr. Have you ever seen them in the same room together?What Phil had said was grossly irresponsible and bigoted. When we don't speak out against expressed bigoted opinions, then we are basically condoning violent crimes against gay people.Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
"Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!
Comment
){ :|:& };:
Comment