No announcement yet.

Round II - This time I will KILL IT!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pekka- another song for you, this time from Varttina and Hector Zazou (the album is 'Songs From The Cold Seas' and also has a track by Vimme Saari):

There's one by Tasavallan Presidentti in the Music Thread too.

Stay well- the world needs more eccentrics.
    Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

After the surgery, try switching to a vegan diet (no animal proteins). There are indications that an all plant diet slows the growth of all kinds of tumors.
      The China Study: The Most Comprehensive Study of Nutrition Ever Conducted And the Startling Implications for Diet, Weight Loss, And Long-term Health [Thomas Campbell, T. Colin Campbell] on Amazon.com. *FREE* shipping on qualifying offers. The China Study: The Most Comprehensive Study of Nutrition Ever Conducted And the Startling Implications for Diet, Weight Loss, And Long-term Health
      “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Lot of easily debunked vegan propoganda woo unfortunately.
        Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
        Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
        We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka View Post
          So.... ugh.... the surgery has been scheduled... I'll be checking in 30th of Dec. and the operation will be the next day, 31st. Happy NYE or something.

Just few weeks ago I thought I'd be in my new house, playing video games, eating pizza after the kids sleep, since the wife is working that day... and instead I'll have my head split open.

And suddenly I became very afraid again. I think I'll be their last operation of 2013. They better not hurry it up!

edit:

Then again, this could be poetic... in a way... get you fixed up for 2013. Start 2014 with a 'brand new brain', which is not something you want to do in today's technology (they can't regenerate it, they can only take parts out). It is quite amazing how brutish these things still are, I've been reading a lot about it, naturally. The science behind neurology is very interesting. It is for psychopaths. I think I'll be operated by one. He will be my psychopath.
          I was thinking about neurology when I was planning to go to med school. Now I know why.

Best of luck Pekka! Nothing like removing parts of your brain to change your perspective on things.
          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

rah, thank you

I know a lot of people (around the world actually) are giving a short prayer and a thought to this. It certainly helps to cope with the darkness.

I've found some humor in it all. Let's look at other positive sides. I just came back from a run. I've NEVER been as motivated to run as before. Just like a machine. I figure that the better shape I'll be in, I'm doing myself a favor coming out and getting better faster from the surgery itself.

Besides. I have decided to run half marathon in July. Can't back down from it anymore
            In da butt.
            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
            THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
            "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi View Post
              I was thinking about neurology when I was planning to go to med school. Now I know why.

Best of luck Pekka! Nothing like removing parts of your brain to change your perspective on things.

So what happened? did you go into manufacturing bigger boobs for rich old women instead?

Neurology is pretty cool, it's one of them tough fields where irreversible things are still often irreversible. So certainly a lot can be still done there.
              In da butt.
              "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Pekka
                In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Just few weeks ago I thought I'd be in my new house, playing video games, eating pizza after the kids sleep, since the wife is working that day... and instead I'll have my head split open.
                  So do that anyways after you get out.
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                  2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH View Post
                    About the Author
                    T. Colin Campbell, PhD, is the project director of the China-Oxford-Cornell Diet and Health Project (the China Study), a 20-year study of nutrition and health. He is the Jacob Gould Schurman Professor Emeritus of nutritional biochemistry at Cornell University. In more than 40 years of research he has received more than 70 grant-years of peer-reviewed research funding and authored more than 300 research papers. He lives in Ithaca, New York.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH View Post
                      About the Author
                      T. Colin Campbell, PhD, is the project director of the China-Oxford-Cornell Diet and Health Project (the China Study), a 20-year study of nutrition and health. He is the Jacob Gould Schurman Professor Emeritus of nutritional biochemistry at Cornell University. In more than 40 years of research he has received more than 70 grant-years of peer-reviewed research funding and authored more than 300 research papers. He lives in Ithaca, New York.

Comment

good luck pekka, i'll be thinking of you this christmas.
                        "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

So what happened? did you go into manufacturing bigger boobs for rich old women instead?

Neurology is pretty cool, it's one of them tough fields where irreversible things are still often irreversible. So certainly a lot can be still done there.
                          I decided that shaming my parents was more important.
                          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

While you're in there, ask if they can give you bigger boobs... you may want to discuss it with your wife, though.

I had my surgery last year December 30 - 31, and woke up to NYE fireworks (not notyoueither, but New Years Eve). You should plan to do the same.
                            There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Uncle Sparky, oh, what timing But you're still here! I should take it as a good sign.

I've read extensively about diet. I am fairly convinced there's something to it, not sure if it's vegan diet. I do eat meat. I eat mostly white meat and fish for sure. I avoid all kinds of articial additives, sugar (so that means I avoid over-eating carbs as well)... I try to focus on things that I eat instead of what I have to avoid. I eat berries, nuts (not too much peanuts though), salads (lots of tomato), garlic, onion, all kinds of greens and veggies, soups, fish, white meat, turmeric, curcumin, and I sometimes add fish oil to my diet (extra), and even melatonin. Some red wine (very little). No ice cream or stuff like that... Or potato chips Or copious amounts of beer
                              In da butt.

Comment

I like your attitude, Super Citizen.
                                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                                X