Round II - This time I will KILL IT!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Round II - This time I will KILL IT!

Last time I think I ranted about my relationship and all kinds of stuff.

THat never _really_ changed, but what did change was that my doctor told me my brain cancer has now turned into more violent and aggressive SOB.

It was bad news, and the doctor said "I've never seen quite something like this... I mean I've read something similiar from a journal once or twice". SO I guess I'm really special! But in a bad way

It went from Gradus II to Gradus III, which means my life expetancy went down 10-fold. That sucks.

I'm booked for an "emergency surgery" after Christmas. After that, if everything goes well and I'm still alive and kicking, we'll go for copious amounts of chemotherapy and radiation. So... classic cut, posion and burn for the good ol' brain.

I'm not too concerned about that OR the possibility of not making out of it alive. I'm mostly concerned about my kids (3 year old girl and 1 year old boy). That's the thing that really sucks. I want to see them grow and be there for them. They need their father.

SO.... I have to pull out another one and survive it once again. I have decided to KILL IT!!!!

Merry Christmas
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Good luck, Pekka! Give it your best shot!
    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

OK- time break out the radioactive spiders.

What's your stance on vigilante crime-fighting?
      The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Sorry to hear that. Good luck and the best to you. If you want to PM me with the exact details, I can ask around to see if there is anything new in development (early trials).
        “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

How old are you? Also, is your doctor incompetent? "I may have read something about this in a journal?" What the hell?

Comment

Wiggy, doctors occasionally read academic literature, which tends to come in journals
            If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
            ){ :|:& };:

Comment

I'm aware. Unless you are a mutant, you shouldn't have a doctor whose only experience with your condition is from casually reading a journal. It would be like me taking on a client in a complex antitrust case and saying "Don't worry, I read about this two years ago in the Cornell Law Review."

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf View Post
                How old are you? Also, is your doctor incompetent? "I may have read something about this in a journal?" What the hell?
                I don't know... I don't have any options though. You get the doctor you're assigned in here. She seems competent, but very reluctant to talk about my situation or very reluctant to talk ANY other options than surgery, chemotherapy and radiation. I've asked for any trials, any promising things out there just to give me hope. She says there is none. I find that hard to believe.

I'm not looking that she will praise snake oil, but anything I can do... there must be something in the pipeline with a promise. Not a cure, but something that prolongs life. Anything. I mean, she said there are no trials for this disease what so ever. That cannot be true. I bet there are many trials out there. And yes, most of them are not going to work, if any... but damn it, it's hardly the point. Besides, some day one of those trials WILL work. And up until that point it will be one of them trials with a wild idea but nothing really backing it up. I want to go for that.

Let's look at it another way. How many times has this combo worked for what I have? 0 times? 1 time? 1 out of 100 000? I'd say that's kind of insane. I'll drink piss from a drunkard if that gives me a 2 in 100 000 chance. TO me that is sane.
                In da butt.
                "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Also, I'm 33.
                  In da butt.

Comment

Really seems like you are right, there have to be some trials somewhere.

Comment

Kill it Pekka.
                      DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Pekka
                        Order of the Fly
                        Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

KICK IT!
                          No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

I think that brain cancer is about to come down with a terminal case of SuperCitizen.
                            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Without giving false hope it does seem there does seem to be progress being made on cancer all the time. My wish is you, dear Pekka, of all people benefit.
                              Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Working...
                              X