No announcement yet.

Round II - This time I will KILL IT!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pchang, what treatment are you referring to? The Novothreapy one?

Anyway, tomorrow starts my new cycle of chemo (triple dosage) so I'm a bit anxious about that... interestingly enough, right now, I'm not afraid. I'm mostly anxious if I get sick from it. I feel good, I feel great in fact.

Easter was nice, lot of people came, great food, lots of fun, and many unexpected people also came (who usually pass or don't show up), so all in all it was great times to be had. One of my cousins, who I certainly like but have never been very close to said he'll come Friday and visit me again and starts to come over more. I really liked that, he's a fun person. It would go into the category of things that I could have done better (be closer to him). So that's a check!

I'm going to my mom's again today, so another adventure planned for today

I've got to say, I've solved one of my personal mysteries that troubled me for years. Ever since first diagnosed, I was unable to deal with it. I figured that I have to fight, to not give up, and if I sort of accept it, it equals giving up and that I ill die earlier as a results. Sort of logical in a sense but th efeeling itself was strong so I did not dare but keep that position. So then I thought if I'm in a denial and staying in denial is also harmful in long term so where was I? In denial, trying not to give up, not able to accept, I was for sure in constant anger. It was survival.

But now I think differently. I'm accepting this as my battle, that may take my life, but I will not give up, I'm in it to win it. And I will forgive myself if I lose. SO no anger about that, not going to increase the pace of illness by giving up either. In fact, I'm starting to think it's no an illness per se, it is part of me and I just got to keep fight it, like diabetes, I can declare war against it but it probably don't understand my rhetorics anyway. This has resulted into an ability to be between fighting and relaxed state. Kind of like boxers and athletes before their performance, I'm sure they're afraid and scared, but they might take a good nap before entering the ring in a relaxed mind set. To give the best performance. THat's what I'm seeking to do and getting there slowly but surely. I think this will increase my quality and quantity of life. I recommend it to everyone else as well, even if you are not ill. It just means opening up totally and surreneding yourself to life as it comes, removing some of the filters, saying "yes", being truthful to oneself and following your own heart more. I used to follow what I considered rationale, yes it served me well for years, but all of it means nothing when it comes down to this.

One positive more positive thing, I'm decreasing my cortisone intake, so I'm less swollen now. It was to a point where my legs and hands were aching quite a bit and I thought how fat have I gotten but now it's going down fairly fast so I guess I've put on some weight but not THAT much LIke I outgrew one of my pants. They fit again.

edit: minus all the typos.. don't worry, I'm just a lazy writer and my fingers are still in fat mode.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

• The treatment you mentioned in post #327
      “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• Umm I'll have to re-check it...

in any case, today I had my triple dosage of chemo and no nausea or any other noticeable side effects, at least not today. So there is a good chance I will be avoiding nausea altogether

I was so nervous today but now I feel great
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

• Good news. Bad reactions usually happen within a few hours.
          “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

Comment

• It made my gramma look like a pink Yoda...
            AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
            JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

• I had a friend who was in the Finnish army - he messed up building a sauna and the whole unit had to be evacuated after they tried it out. They were naked and frozen somewhere in the arctic. All their clothes got wet.

Glad you are coping so well with the chemo Pekka.

I just found out today another friend has months to live. He has cancer, initially it was a brain tumour, and the doctors are stopping treatment. I gave him a link to this thread. I hope that is okay with you.
              Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

• Still here. The increasd chemo amount went well, had no bad side effects. A new cycle is coming up in few weeks, again the dosage a bit higher...

... anyway, things with the wife are going badly. I just don't know what I should do. From my POV, she is extremely negative every day and takes it on me. I've tried to talk about it, but she refuses. She woke up me today, saying she forgot some kids' clothes and that I should go and bring them to the daycare... well, more like shouted. I was kind of out of it because I woke up to it and said "with what?" and she said "well, walk". It's like few miles at least but I said.. "ok..." and then I already heard her leaving for the door, angry, and sped away fast with the car, screaching tires and everything. I just don't get it.

Today is my neurologist, and she didn't want to come so I have to go alone. Yeah yeah I know everyone is thinking "she is nervous and tired, she acts otu because of that". True, but that's all she does. She is just super angry and takes it on me and when I say don't take it on me, she jsut gets pissed off about that too. There is no balancing discussions after that or ever like you have your angry fits and then your oh but it's OK talks. The OK talks are not there, just the angry fits. So I send her a message saying that I didn't know what I did wrong, I said I'd take the clothes so now I feel kind of bad and did I do somerthing wrong because I don't get it... and she answers something in the line of "meh". No direct tsanslation exist but it's not yes or a no, it's more like a yawn recognising that I heard you but no indication. Very disrespectful. So I reply "meh what? I don't get it?". So no reply, and probably won't get one. Ever.

This is not a single incident. This is her MO. And I've been asking myself, what stresses me the most. She does. The atmosphere is so bad and all attempts of discussion have been futile. And I've tried so many times, directly saying we need to talk in a calm voice. She refuses this from me. I do not think it is fair, in fact given the situation it is outright torture. And somehow I am the bad guy in all of this, for example she told me that she is sick and tired of me threatning her about leaving her. It is true that I have told her that if we have no dialogue, I don't see how we can continue a healthy relationship.

I have thought about this, and that the best option is for the dialogue to start, because divorce brings a lot of trouble and if I have months to live, I don't want to spend it in the process and I want to spend time with the kids. Then again, I hate living with an angry person who throws silly fits at me for nothing and refuses to talk. I'm not sure if I'm living with a monster or a teenager. I seem to be paying her bills and that's it.
                In da butt.

Comment

• The more I thinka bout it, I've been a fool myself. She has always been passive aggressive like this. Now it's just gettign to me because I have my own problems and no more energy left, the poisonous and toxic cloud remains and I can't ignore it anymore as I've been able to do in the past. By ignoring I mean not letting it get to me. Thinking "she's tired, depressed, something must have happened" and more to the point "maybe I said something stupid, maybe she got me wrong, I can be an idiot"... yes I have been an idiot. But in ways I didn't understand years ago. Damn I'm an idiot. This would be so simple if we didn't have kids or I wasn't ill. Now it is _complicated_. Maybe I'll just ignore this all and continue pretending or what ever. I just don' tlike to be woken up with shouting. That's the problem for me, I can pretend, still, but I don't like to be a target of angry stuff, I want to be left alone or have a positive or neutral contact.
                  In da butt.

Comment

• I am happy to see the Super Citizen is still fighting the good fight.

I am unhappy with his wife and hope she comes around because it sounds like she's being very selfish trying to protect her own emotional wellbeing when she should be thinking about her family.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pekka View Post
                      Still here. The increasd chemo amount went well, had no bad side effects.
                      You are very fortunate, my friend, because Chemo kicked my mother's ass. I hope you continue to have favorable results and I must say my mother's attitude was very bad. It was like she just gave up so I hope you do not. Attitude can make a huge difference.
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• ...Pekka, I don't know how you take it. However, I suspect your peace of mind is best served by keeping to the status quo at this point. Like you said, the kids...
                        AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
                        JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

• Maybe you can move in with a nearby relative for a day or 2 to get away. It might be good to take a break away from the wife from time to time.

Comment

• Recruiting now

Comment

• Originally posted by Pekka View Post
                              The more I thinka bout it, I've been a fool myself. She has always been passive aggressive like this. Now it's just gettign to me because I have my own problems and no more energy left, the poisonous and toxic cloud remains and I can't ignore it anymore as I've been able to do in the past. By ignoring I mean not letting it get to me. Thinking "she's tired, depressed, something must have happened" and more to the point "maybe I said something stupid, maybe she got me wrong, I can be an idiot"... yes I have been an idiot. But in ways I didn't understand years ago. Damn I'm an idiot. This would be so simple if we didn't have kids or I wasn't ill. Now it is _complicated_. Maybe I'll just ignore this all and continue pretending or what ever. I just don' tlike to be woken up with shouting. That's the problem for me, I can pretend, still, but I don't like to be a target of angry stuff, I want to be left alone or have a positive or neutral contact.

Is she seing a psychologist/psychiatrist about this? If yes, maybe you could talk to him/her? If no, maybe she should... Although suggesting this directly might not be the best idea. You should talk to her family/friends, there must be someone you get along nicely with that can act as a bridge.
                              Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Working...
                              X