Christie or Hillary in 2016?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sava View Post
    Changing federal drug laws probably would require Congress... doing something. So President Plagiarism won't be able to help us. Sorry.
    I was totally bummed out to head about his plagiarism ****. He should have had a better class of interns to do his op-ed writing. It's not like he should have any trouble recruiting college kids.

A President could direct the DEA and other federal agencies to prioritize other drugs. Since prosecutors are a finite resource, marijuana arrests could be left to die on the vine through neglect. Build a culture where the promotions and recognition are given to people who aren't wasting time on weed. A President can do all that.

There's an argument to be made that a President must enforce all laws, but there's no argument that he must treat all law enforcement equally. As long as there are other priorities, marijuana laws could remain on the books, but a weed friendly President can still make things better. There's not really a strong lobby for marijuana prohibition outside of the government. It's not like people are going to protest it if the President unveiled a strategy to aggressively target methamphetamines, and to focus all available resources towards this goal. No Congressman wants to expose themselves as pro-meth, so nobody will speak out when the strategy leaves marijuana functionally decriminalized.
    John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Plagerism?
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by Felch View Post
        A President could direct the DEA and other federal agencies to prioritize other drugs. Since prosecutors are a finite resource, marijuana arrests could be left to die on the vine through neglect. Build a culture where the promotions and recognition are given to people who aren't wasting time on weed. A President can do all that.
        Kinda like how Obama says the federal government will respect state laws?

Legalization is here and working its way across the country, slowly but surely. Personally, I think it's got to be bottom-up, not top-down. Bill Clinton was weed friendly. But changing policy takes political capital. And when Republicans were investigating everything he was doing, on taxpayers dime, he wasn't about to let up on the War on Drugs tm.

They would have attacked him relentlessly for loosening drug policy.

The libertarians are beholden to the religious nutjobs. Change isn't coming from the right.

If that's your big issue, you should support the other party.
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

He also said you can keep your plan if you like it.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
            Obama was saying he'd do that in 2008. He ****ing lied. You know what they say, "It takes two to lie. One to lie, and one to listen." I'm not listening to a word that ****er says.

On the other hand, Obama has been known to timidly follow wherever poll numbers lead him, so maybe he'll weasel his way towards doing the right thing. All I know is that he'll try every possible alternative first. Rand Paul, on the other hand, is anti-Drug War, pro-gun, pro-peace, and pro-life. Why the **** would I support some gun grabbing **** like Clinton?
            John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

I must have been asleep in the 90's when Clinton took everyone's guns away.

OH RIGGGGHHTTTTT it didn't happen

idiot
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Felch View Post
                pro-life
                Get the government out of everything!!!!!! except a woman's uterus

can't abort babies, no that's wrong

wait until they bring a gun to school and shoot up the place... murder suicide
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

damn, and i've been nice lately

oh well, my nice streaks last about as long as america's no-mass-shooting streaks... not very long
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

pro-tip: looking up ex-gf's on fb at midnight is fun

one is all married now

i remember when we used to smoke weed in the store after close... and you'd go down on me

damn, and you kiss your children with taht mouth?>

FUUUUUUUUUUUUU
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

i'm so glad i ripped all my progressive/trance cd's from around 99-02...

i remember rolling at this one rave... about a dozen chicks on either side of me got topless

i saw tracers from the guy spinning fire

good times
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

i don't want christie to run because of the fat jokes
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

YO PRESIDENTS SO FAT YOU GOTTA ROLL HIM IN FLOUR TO FIND THE WET SPOT

LOLOLOL
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

OH **** THIS IS MY JAMMMMm

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

my joints hurt from raking leaves

getting old sucks
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

here is sarah michelle gellar making out with selma blair

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                                X