Christie or Hillary in 2016?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
    Maybe in Britain where you have to be 18 to buy a butter knife and you can stick a quarter in a vending machine to coathanger your fetus it might seem extreme.
    Actually, we should be following Britain's lead on abortion. They are harder to get and more restricted there then they are here, thanks to Roe v. Wade.
    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

By the way, Sava, you're the man

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
        Actually, we should be following Britain's lead on abortion. They are harder to get and more restricted there then they are here, thanks to Roe v. Wade.
        It's posts like these that show why you have the empathy of a rock.
        You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Posting facts does tend to trump feelings.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Krill View Post
            It's posts like these that show why you have the empathy of a rock.
            On the contrary, I'm very sympathetic to the babies getting killed.

Comment

Empathy for things that don't have a pathos

I have a lot of empathy for the trees

Comment

Apparently Gribbler's family sees trees as their kin.
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                  Empathy for things that don't have a pathos

HC's beliefs are consistent with most conservatives: protect the unborn so that they can enter a world where they will be more likely to be killed.

Conservatives want abortions too, they just want it after birth.
                  “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                  "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

I'm pretty sure you thought that was clever.
                    "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                      This is what everyone said in 2008. Everyone. To the point that it was practically her campaign slogan. Then, because she is a talentless politician, she ran an incredibly ****ty campaign. Barack Obama ran a good campaign and beat her soundly. I expect that to happen again with some other dark horse Democrat.
                      That's because you're an idiot. The reason it happened last time is because it was unexpected and Clinton was too over confident that the nomination was hers to walk into. You really think that eight years later she's going to do exactly the same thing and repeat exactly the same error?

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                        Being anti-abortion and anti-gun control are very popular and very mainstream policy positions and not extreme at all.
                        Only in the Republican party. The vast majority of the American public is pro-gun control and pro-choice.
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
                          Only in the Republican party. The vast majority of the American public is pro-gun control and pro-choice.
                          No and no, more Americans are anti-gun control and pro-life/pro-choice is pretty even.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/154838/pr...ecord-low.aspx "pro-life" is greater than "pro-choice"

http://www.gallup.com/poll/165563/re...-gun-laws.aspx This is from the post-newtown bonanza, note that support for "keep the same" and "less strict" outnumber "more strict" and since then the numbers have stabilized back to "keep the same" being the largest contingent in other polls

now I really have to go to bed

Comment

I'm sorry, are you claiming that Hillary is NOT overconfident right now? Listen to yoursf, and then realize you are probably th least significant of her supporters and are drowning if your fanboi ***. She considers it a birthright at this point and is obvious.

She is the front runner now, but we are three years out. The problem with that is that's three years for people to get sick of her or self destruct which is inevitable for politicians on a long enough time scale. I will give to you that should she manage these years well it could become an advantage but given the record of most campaigns it's just to long to keep your **** together. I don't expect an Edwards situation but having been the second fiddle for damn near 24 years now she doesn't have skeletons, she is the skeleton.
                            "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

"Stricter" gun laws is stronger than "less strict".
                              Less than a year after the Newtown, Conn., school massacre, about half of Americans believe U.S. laws covering the sale of firearms should be strengthened, while a combined 50% say they should stay the same or be less strict.

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                                "Stricter" gun laws is stronger than "less strict".
                                Less than a year after the Newtown, Conn., school massacre, about half of Americans believe U.S. laws covering the sale of firearms should be strengthened, while a combined 50% say they should stay the same or be less strict.

I just posted that

Not that it matters because pro-gun politicians continue to trounce anti-gun politicians electorally when gun control is the major issue (see for example colorado)

And of course more strict is outnumbered by the other two

And and there isn't a serious pro-gun control voting bloc; nobody's going to switch their vote over it except gun owners and there are a lot of those

Comment

Working...
                                X