Discovered this on the door of a CS professor's office

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DFG would have loved this thread.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Economics is a (somewhat) joke subject and CS isn't.
      Unsurprising that a liberal believes this.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
        CS people aren't exactly known for their critical thinking skills.
        "Professors" at your "university" are not a sufficient sample, considering they're ****ing rednecks.

Computer scientists tend to be some of the most practiced at critical thinking. Computer science is largely the application of critical thinking to solve problems using technology. A good computer scientist is analytical, logical, and fact-based. Which is why very few CS people are religious, FWIW.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Although this thread does lend well to your point - HC is demonstrably not good at critical thinking.

Someone who excels at critical thinking does not post a picture mocking their professor and not even pixelate the name on the nameplate.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
            Although this thread does lend well to your point - HC is demonstrably not good at critical thinking.

Someone who excels at critical thinking does not post a picture mocking their professor and not even pixelate the name on the nameplate.
            Looks like there's two names on the nameplate. Do you think both people wanted this on the door? That could have made for some awkward conversation if not , especially if the other person is the professor's chew toy/**** buddy.

Comment

Doesn't the low picture quality mean the names are pretty much pixelated by default? I can't read them even after googling a faculty list.

Comment

It's this creepster http://www.ri.cmu.edu/person.html?person_id=29

Comment

I'm actually somewhat confident I could get this in the news if you want HC. I have a bunch of contacts at Fox who would love to hit a liberal university.

Comment

BION there are entire Universities dedicated to wild conspiracy theories; in fact, most University still have theology departments. How can academics teach this crap? And how can they receive government funding!??
                    There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Looks like the man designs slinkys.

Comment

Great gig if you can get someone to pay for it!
                        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

uni are hotbeds of loony conspiracy theory, my son is doing pol sci and the nonsense he is taught about government, lol
                          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

"Professors" at your "university" are not a sufficient sample, considering they're ****ing rednecks.
                            At UBC?

Computer scientists tend to be some of the most practiced at critical thinking. Computer science is largely the application of critical thinking to solve problems using technology. A good computer scientist is analytical, logical, and fact-based. Which is why very few CS people are religious, FWIW.
                            Like I said, the only racist doorknob I ever had teaching was a CS prof.
                            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post

Maybe he doesn't care.

Comment

So you became a teacher because you didn't think there were enough racist doorknobs teaching?

Comment

Working...
                                X