Discovered this on the door of a CS professor's office

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gribbler View Post
    People have openly called Ben Kenobi a pedophile on these forums. If he wasn't a pedophile would this be considered libel?
    The thing about UK libel or defamation is that it requires the reasonable reader to think less of someone as a result of the defamation. Hence calling Ben a child molester is unlikely to be considered defamation.

And UK defamation laws are terrible. Burden of proof is arse backwards in too many cases.
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• I don't think HC will get any trouble for posting that on FB, but I can't see what good it'll do him either.
      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sava View Post
        Most of whom are Anglo-American scum, descended from your inbred island stock.
        Of course, we sent our rejects to America.

Originally posted by Sava View Post
        We sentence ours to life in prison without parole.
        Oh really? Sure you want to open that door?

Comment

• Originally posted by kentonio View Post
          Of course, we sent our rejects to America.
          And yet still managed to need rejects to save you from the Germans... twice.

Oh really? Sure you want to open that door?
          What door? America's only been able to do bad **** in the world for a couple hundred years. You'll lose if we're gonna compare who is worst. And most of America's atrocities were committed in partnership with you.

SO COME AT ME BRO
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sava View Post
            And yet still managed to need rejects to save you from the Germans... twice.
            No, we didn't send our rejects to Russia.

What door? America's only been able to do bad **** in the world for a couple hundred years. You'll lose if we're gonna compare who is worst.
            Ah, so because we did some nasty things in India and Africa a few centuries ago, you get a free pass on atrocities today? Interesting way of looking at it..

And most of America's atrocities were committed in partnership with you.

SO COME AT ME BRO
            Really?

Oh so the UK had troops involved at Haditha did they? What was that one? 24 men, women and children killed, all civilians?

I'm sure the long arm of American justice dealt with it though yes? What was the harshest sentence levied for this mass murder? Oh yes, a rank reduction and a cut in pay..

Or maybe Shinwar? 19 civilians gunned down by marines minutes after they fled a suicide bombing. An apology by the Pentagon was followed by the following from the marine general..

Originally posted by Gen. James T. Conway
            I would just as soon that no one...apologize or talk about 'terrible, terrible mistakes'
            Because that's how it works in the US military these days apparently. If someone ****s up and guns down a ****load of civilians, if it can be covered up as 'proportional' then that's what happens.

The only time action is taken is when the evidence is utterly damning and incontrovertable, which is when you end up with the sacrificial lamb like Bale. Funny how so many survivors of the massacre reported not one but a large group of American soldiers there that night though wasn't it?

Comment

• Originally posted by kentonio View Post
              No, we didn't send our rejects to Russia.
              You needed us to save you from them too.

Ah, so because we did some nasty things in India and Africa a few centuries ago, you get a free pass on atrocities today? Interesting way of looking at it..
              What free pass? It's that old bit about glass houses and throwing stones.

Really?
              Yes.
              Oh so the UK had troops involved at Haditha did they? What was that one? 24 men, women and children killed, all civilians?

I'm sure the long arm of American justice dealt with it though yes? What was the harshest sentence levied for this mass murder? Oh yes, a rank reduction and a cut in pay..

Or maybe Shinwar? 19 civilians gunned down by marines minutes after they fled a suicide bombing. An apology by the Pentagon was followed by the following from the marine general..

Because that's how it works in the US military these days apparently. If someone ****s up and guns down a ****load of civilians, if it can be covered up as 'proportional' then that's what happens.

The only time action is taken is when the evidence is utterly damning and incontrovertable, which is when you end up with the sacrificial lamb like Bale. Funny how so many survivors of the massacre reported not one but a large group of American soldiers there that night though wasn't it?
              Anglos are still worse than Americans. Sorry.
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Really? Which of our state sponsored mercenary companies is it that were enjoying multi-billion dollar contracts in Iraq while carrying out countless murders of Iraqi civilians while operating in an environment where the rape of American women contractors and military was endemic? Good thing you ensured that they all had immunity from prosecution over there though right, because no-one would want to see any of that stuff brought to justice.

Sure you want to continue, or are you going to leave this crap to the usual suspects given that you were only trolling in the first place?

Comment

• What if someone from Ben's school wandered on here, heard the accusations and decided that there must be a reason for them and decided to summarily fire him? Personally I think that would immediately raise the standard of Texan education considerably, but it's hard to argue that it wouldn't be genuinely damaging to him and his 'professional reputation'.
                  I'd be more concerned about the folks here making baseless allegations to my school - not the school taking the time to come here - investigate my posts and reading what the lot of you say about me.

Libel requires that the allegations be believable. You have taken your Ben hate to such a degree that it's gone from something that might be actionable to being a meme. "Ben is worse than Hitler", etc.

It might have hurt me my first year here, but I've been here three years now without incident. I have had issues with one parent, but the parent was given the option of pulling their child out of my class and out of the school altogether. I was accused running inappropriate lesson plans, but it was uncovered that the parent themselves had a doctrinal disagreement with what I was teaching and that the parent disagreed with church teachings and that was the reason why the parent was unhappy with the lesson plan.

So the parent got the standard, "we are a Catholic school". You're perfectly welcome to keep your child here - but if that's not what you want for your child - you're welcome to pull your child out today and enroll them elsewhere. Oh, and no refunds.
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                  2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Yours is meant to be history, but frankly I've never seen any evidence of that preposterous suggestion.
                    Tel: 250.960.5594
                    Fax: 250.960.5545
                    Email: georgia.montgomery@unbc.ca
                    Office: 3007 ADM

You're welcome to contact Georgia to confirm that I'm a UNBC history program grad of 2007.

Office: 3003 ADM
                    Tel: 250.960.6343
                    Email: jacqueline.holler@unbc.ca

I would also suggest calling and contacting Jacqueline Holler as she helped me graduate by arranging my program and certifiying my credits from other institutions.

Also, Asher's allegation that, "all my profs were rednecks" at UNBC doesn't bear up under scrutiny if you take the time to look at the department.

Swainger was still a prof back when I was there as was Holler. Morrison was an exceptional prof along with Martel and both have retired now. The rest of their staff has been cut. While some of them were not very good professors - they weren't rednecks - one was from Helsinki (who taught Scandinavian history), and another was from Winterpeg.
                    Last edited by Ben Kenobi; October 28, 2013, 21:12.
                    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Birds of a feather- in terms of thought processes, that is.
                      Well then find a post where I blame Bush for 9-11 instead of the islamist dirtbags that committed the greatest single day terrorist attack on American soil.

Comment

• I'm way too busy researching tower 7 to look into the rest of this thread to see if my questions have already been answered ... but I just had a thought ... is there proof that it wasn't a false flag operation? Perhaps some disgruntled student posted this poster on a door without consent of the person who's office (presumably) was on the other side of the door?

Sure, HC probably isn't capable of handling scotch tape in such an elegant manner, but surely there are students with the necessary skills ...

Comment

• Wow how did this thread turn into a discussion about UK libel laws?

Anyway nobody is gonna give a **** about HC posting that a professor in a different department has a truther poster on his office door.

Comment

• Sometimes I forget that HC isn't in the real CS department.
                            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher View Post
                              Sometimes I forget that HC isn't in the real CS department.
                              Wrong. I am a CS major. I'm dual-enrolled in two different majors: Statistics and Computer Science. Nice attempt at a troll though.

The professor IS in a different department, however. He's part of the Robotics Institute, whereas I'm affiliated with the CS Undergraduate Program.
                              If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                              ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• That's ok then, obviously it defies belief that a professor in one CS department might have friends and longstanding work collegues in another CS department.

Comment

Working...
                                X