Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Republicans have once again demonstrated that they are the party...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sava View Post
    You've only listed direct costs.

Read:

$6 trillion just for veteran care alone.

So yeah.
    We are actually talking government costs here since we are talking the governments budget. From your own link:

A 2013 updated study[2] pointed out that U.S. medical and disability claims for veterans after a decade of war had risen to $134.7 billion from $33 billion two years earlier.
    Hardly a major contributer to $11 trillion in debt, but it is some!

So No.
    "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

• Originally posted by DaShi View Post
      Please stop trying to save the republican party, Sava.
      Only Jesus saves.
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Please stop trying to save the republican party, Sava.
        What is your alternative to the democratic party? Or are you for one party rule?
        "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Only Jesus saves.
          Jesus saves...governments spend?

Comment

• Originally posted by PLATO View Post
            So No.
            I don't know if you truly have reading comprehension issues, or you are just purposefully obtuse. But maybe read the first paragraph:

An update in 2013 topped this at US$6 trillion.
            The last sentence.

Also...

U.S. medical and disability claims
            is just one part of the cost.
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

What is your alternative to the democratic party? Or are you for one party rule?
              The Green party is a reasonable alternative.
              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

I don't know if you truly have reading comprehension issues, or you are just purposefully obtuse. But maybe read the first paragraph:

The last sentence.

Also...

is just one part of the cost.
                I guess if you believe Brown University over actual budget figures then how can I argue?

Comment

Yes. Everyone lost. But not everyone is to blame.
                  I'm sorry, who elected these people?

Yes, everyone is to blame.
                  "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                  "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

The Green party is a reasonable alternative.
                    Okay. Would be interesting to see what they could do for the environment with the total defense budget at their disposal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                      I'm sorry, who elected these people?

Yes, everyone is to blame.
                      I agree...there is blame enough to go around. Republicans and Democrats alike as well as the stupid people who believe whatever the media tells them.

Comment

I agree...there is blame enough to go around. Republicans and Democrats alike as well as the stupid people who believe whatever the media tells them.
                        Nah. We should blame the 30-40 people who are directly responsible.

If everyone is to blame, no one is to blame.

Accountability
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Nah. We should blame the 30-40 people who are directly responsible.

If everyone is to blame, no one is to blame.

Accountability
                          Obama, Boehner, Reid, Pelosi, Cruz....

Comment

Boehner, Cruz....
                            Fixed.
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Fixed.
                              Truly I believe if you want to narrow it down, you have to say...

THANKS OBAMA!

Comment

• It was Obama, Pelosi, and Reid who were at fault for giving in to republican budget demands in the first place. Had they not done that, the republicans wouldn't have felt so emboldened to shutdown the government and threaten the debt ceiling over Obamacare.
                                “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                                "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
                                X