No announcement yet.

Texan Bigotry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You saying that Jesus was a paedophile priest. You are one sick puppy.
    Perhaps that's your interpretation of the passage, but he did actually say this. All he's saying here is that Children can love God, and we shouldn't get in the way.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Given that purgatory didn't get added as a formal church doctrine for over 1000 years (IIRC), I'm going to have to go with the Orthodox guys on this one.
      Who added it? Who, what, where, when, why and how? It's always been church doctrine and there are references to it in scripture, "our works will be tested by fire".
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Yet very few little children claim to be an expert on Christianity. Maybe you should follow their wise lead.
        Perhaps then one does not need to be an expert in order to come to know and understand God. I don't believe I've ever claimed to be an expert.

Lots of things about Christianity offend me, but oh so many more things about you personally.
        Good!

I'm sure with a little work we could find multiple people who believe that eating their own feces is a good idea, but finding two idiots sharing an idea doesn't actually prove anything.
        So you cede the point that it's not my idea. Surely, if it were my idea, would I not have something more in accordance with the times? Remember, I'm a convert. Everything I know I was taught by someone else.

On second thoughts the idea of spending my life not experiencing the rich wonders of existence just because some fictional character supposedly wrote a do's and don'ts list for me 2000 years ago just isn't that appealing.
        Odd that.

Ditto the idea of feeling guilt for the fictional death of an incarnation of an immortal figure (Which I must admit I've never been able to wrap my head around).
        Yeah, it can be a bit of a shock, but yes, Christ is immortal, chose to become man in the flesh, chose to die on the cross, and actually died. Many here on earth believed that he was God until he died because, "God can't die". But it makes sense in Christian theology. Birds and animals are imperfect sacrifices. Christ was the perfect sacrifice in that he was sinless, that he did so voluntarily. This is why he could serve as the substititutionary sacrifice for sin, for everyone. And yes, he really did die.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
          I'm Protestant. Lutheran to be specific. Though a lot of my views on the age to come arises from an Anglican (N.T. Wright). Rob Bell (an evangelical Protestant) is also good with this.
          My apologies, was thinking about Elok.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
            Perhaps then one does not need to be an expert in order to come to know and understand God. I don't believe I've ever claimed to be an expert.
            Few things say humility more than claiming to 'know and understand' god. :uhoh

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
            So you cede the point that it's not my idea. Surely, if it were my idea, would I not have something more in accordance with the times? Remember, I'm a convert. Everything I know I was taught by someone else.
            I absolutely agree that you're not nearly intelligent enough to have formed these ridiculous biblical interpretations all on your own.

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
            Yeah, it can be a bit of a shock, but yes, Christ is immortal, chose to become man in the flesh, chose to die on the cross, and actually died. Many here on earth believed that he was God until he died because, "God can't die". But it makes sense in Christian theology. Birds and animals are imperfect sacrifices. Christ was the perfect sacrifice in that he was sinless, that he did so voluntarily. This is why he could serve as the substititutionary sacrifice for sin, for everyone. And yes, he really did die.
            God incarnates as a man. God then gets himself killed. God then says that humanity (the people who just killed God) are then forgiven. God then stop being dead, because he can't actually die anyway. Does this actually make some form of sense?

Since when the **** did christians believe in bird and animal sacrifice btw!?!?!

Comment

• Christianity is a offspring from Judaism. Judaism required birds and animals sacrificed. Jesus' sacrifice replaced this.
              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
              I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
              Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• FINALLY! Thanks, Nikolai. EXACTLY right.

The belief that the ceremony of Kapparot can transfer a person's sins to a bird
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Few things say humility more than claiming to 'know and understand' god.
                  Yeah, I'm arrogant because I claim to understand what Christ taught after reading really smart people (bishops), on what Christ said, and reading Christ.

I absolutely agree that you're not nearly intelligent enough to have formed these ridiculous biblical interpretations all on your own.
                  Thank you. So now, we can dispense with the allegations of 'arrogance'?

God incarnates as a man. God then gets himself killed. God then says that humanity (the people who just killed God) are then forgiven. God then stop being dead, because he can't actually die anyway. Does this actually make some form of sense?

Since when the **** did christians believe in bird and animal sacrifice btw!?!?!
                  Listen to slowwy and Nikolai. Yes, that's what atonement actually means.

Comment

• if Eve was made from Adam's rib after the 6 days of creation, who was or were the women made on the 6th day?

Let us make man in our image, so they made them man and woman in their image

doesn't sound like Eve was the 1st woman

Comment

• The Scriptures say "man" was created. I suspect they mean man and woman in non-specific gender identification. Adam and Eve were created near simultaneously.
                      But it wasn't Adam and Steve.
                      Last edited by SlowwHand; September 22, 2013, 02:10.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• man and woman were made on the 6th day, the adam was taken to the garden and he named the critters but no companion for him was found, so god made eve from his rib

so who were the people - or at least the woman - made on the 6th day?

it wasn't eve, she came later

Comment

• How do you arrive at that conclusion? You insist on "she" being created later. I told you why I disagree, now tell me the basis for your conclusion.
                          Where do you see that she was created on another day?

EDIT: At any rate, I don't do this anymore. I'll have questions to answer as it is and if why wasn't I more of a missionary is one of them, so be it.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                            The Scriptures say "man" was created. I suspect they mean man and woman in non-specific gender identification. Adam and Eve were created near simultaneously.
                            But it wasn't Adam and Steve.
                            Someone living thousands of years ago made a typo when copying a manuscript and left out the first two letters in "steve". We've been stuck with the error ever since.

Comment

• If that was the case you wouldn't be here.

Comment

• I am a clone.

Comment

Working...
                                X