Texan Bigotry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by notyoueither View Post
    When I stopped reading Ben's posts the forum got a lot nicer. Lately I've stopped reading replies to him as well and things are really improving.
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• It is like a hole in the teeth, but I just have to do this and then I'm done..

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
      We have Greek manuscripts that go back to the early 4th century that are even older than the Vulgate. The Codex Vaticanus is still the best complete manuscript out there.

The manuscript became known to Western scholars as a result of correspondence between Erasmus and the prefects of the Vatican Library. Portions of the codex were collated by several scholars, but numerous errors were made during this process. The Codex's relationship to the Latin Vulgate was unclear and scholars were initially unaware of the Codex's value.[5] This changed in the 19th century when transcriptions of the full codex were completed.[1] It was at that point that scholars realised the text differed significantly from the Vulgate and the Textus Receptus.[6]
      To which we say:

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• It is like a hole in the teeth, but I just have to do this and then I'm done..
        Are you going to acknowledge that two of the four Islamic sources you were peddling have no actual reference attached to them?

This changed in the 19th century when transcriptions of the full codex were completed
        Textus Receptus
        Did you miss this little part of it. Textus Receptus is the Masoretic Text. Codex Vaticanus is older than either one and more accurate than the Vulgate and the Textus Receptus.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Let's dig into it a little bit more.

The citation is from SP Tregelles.

His interest in Welsh developed from a desire to spread the Christian gospel and especially to combat the influence of atheism, Roman Catholicism, and mormonism.
          The statement that Codex Vaticanus is significantly different comes from Tregelles who is explicitly writing to combat Catholicism. No bias there. No sirree.

Next up, Jack Chick on why Catholicism is the devil.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
            There's no evidence for this written prior to Muhammed. All the 'evidence' postdates Muhammed.
            According to the link I posted the 12 sons of Ishmael left their mark in the names of peoples and towns in the region and documented by various writers long before Islam showed up.

You asked me, what does the Church do. This is the answer from Canon law.
            And we're not debating Church practices, we're debating whether or not they're compatible with the OT.

And Jesus explains why this understanding of marriage is flawed.
            God's definition of marriage included polygamy, he allowed it and even commanded it. At no point in the OT does God declare the marriages of polygamists invalid based on your interpretation of Jesus' comment about Adam and Eve.

Does God bless them?

Sounds like a Curse!
            the dude may not have deserved it, but God blessed him with 12 sons and a great nation

Comment

• Why is anyone wasting time on Ben?
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Too much time on their hands.

Comment

• Obviously including the two of you.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• According to the link I posted the 12 sons of Ishmael left their mark in the names of peoples and towns in the region and documented by various writers long before Islam showed up.
                    According to Bill Cooper, in his book After the Flood, 1995

In 1995, young earth creationist, Bill Cooper published After The Flood where all throughout the book you'll find clear examples of Cooper fabricating fictional history, myths, legends, and folklore to fit his idiot beliefs. Even adding to it to make it as if they are actual historical events that took place after the alleged Noah's flood of 4,500 years ago while it's not.

One best example of this is found in Dinosaurs from Anglo-Saxon and other Records chapter. It can also be seen on these pages as well.

Dragons accounts in Historical Documents and The Bible!
                    Dinosaurs from Anglo-Saxon and other Records
                    After The Flood
                    After the Flood chapter 10

All fabrications of dragon stories found in ancient literature, mainly from Welsh mythology. Here in the young earth extremist's literature such as in Cooper's literature, Dragons are falsely called "dinosaurs" and Pterosaurs are falsely called "wing serpents" while in fact Dragons, especially amphitheres (limbless winged snakes), when put in full, undistorted context, neither looked like dinosaurs and pterosaurs, nor do they have descriptions that match that of dinosaurs and pterosaurs. Yet, ignorant as ever, Bill went on and gives out the following examples of how he himself, along with all other young earthers, would stupidly cite centuries old, out-dated, books, legends, folklore, and mythology, told in all versions, that tells of events that never occurred and people, places, and monsters that never existed as "evidence" for their imaginary scenario of human co-existing with dinosaurs at one time.

I will be quoting claims as a whole coming from Cooper's sites. Each of them will be followed by a rebuttal to all of them and expose you to the truth behind all the fabrications Cooper makes in his idiot literature.

Like all YECs, Cooper falsely believes that dinosaurs and man once co-existed despite complete absence of human and dinosaur remains together in the fossil record. Here in this chapter, Cooper displays the following of what he claims to be evidential accounts of dinosaurs living in recent history.
                    Not a reliable source. Sorry.

And we're not debating Church practices, we're debating whether or not they're compatible with the OT.
                    And Christ explains why Polygamy is not a part of Christianity in Matthew 19.

God's definition of marriage included polygamy, he allowed it and even commanded it.
                    Where in the bible did he command it?

At no point in the OT does God declare the marriages of polygamists invalid based on your interpretation of Jesus' comment about Adam and Eve.
                    It's not my interpretation. It's what Christ actually says in Matthew 19 - he states that the ideal of marriage is Adam and Eve. Once again - if Polygamy was the ideal, why didn't God create Eve and, say, Mabel for Adam?

the dude may not have deserved it, but God blessed him with 12 sons and a great nation
                    Still no evidence that these tribes are linked to Islam.

Comment

• Hey Ben, here's an idea for you: next time you feel like ****ting up one of MrFun's threads with something like a GK Chesterton quote, why not just goatse it instead? It'll actually be funny and also a subtle commentary on homosexuality.

Comment

• While I find BK significantly more offensive than that particular internet meme, my employers would disagree.
                        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• I'd rather look at goatse than anything Ben has to say.
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Hey Ben, here's an idea for you: next time you feel like ****ting up one of MrFun's threads with something like a GK Chesterton quote, why not just goatse it instead? It'll actually be funny and also a subtle commentary on homosexuality.
                            You've got me confused with Loinburger.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                              Not a reliable source. Sorry.
                              You ignored his argument about peoples and towns named after Ishmael's sons, these were recorded by various writers before Islam

Where in the bible did he command it?
                              7 Then Nathan said to David, “You are the man! This is what the Lord, the God of Israel, says: ‘I anointed you king over Israel, and I delivered you from the hand of Saul. 8 I gave your master’s house to you, and your master’s wives into your arms. I gave you all Israel and Judah. And if all this had been too little, I would have given you even more.

2 Samuel 12:7-8

Still no evidence that these tribes are linked to Islam.
                              Why do you keep talking about Islam? These tribes are linked to Ishmael and his sons.

Comment

• If brethren dwell together, and one of them die, and have no child, the wife of the dead shall not marry without unto a stranger: her husband's brother shall go in unto her, and take her to him to wife, and perform the duty of an husband's brother unto her.

Deut 25

Comment

Working...
                                X