No announcement yet.

Simcity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GREAT. THE USE OF VISUAL ADES WILL ALLOW me to disprove people who say the traffic system is broken.

Comment

• Visualade, like Lemonade?
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Oh man, the embed thing will push you over the edge, don't go there...I can't do it
        Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

• Wait, Kluwe writes for things other than Deadspin?

Comment

• The following are Kluwe's views about the new SimCity, which has been getting great reviews

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• I think the thing that really irritates me about the servers is the storing of your city data there. Let's say we give them a pass on the bug**** stupid DRM scheme for the moment. OK, fine, stay connected. Send info about my city so that other cities can ... do something. Whatever. But keep the majority of my data LOCALLY so that if your servers crash, then my local single player game is not screwed. Why store it remotely? Makes no sense, other than wanting to move people to the 'cloud'. Which is ****ing insane.

Wiglaf, I totally understand the want to avoid piracy and whatnot. Totally understandable. But you have to make a product for a consumer to buy. If your primary thought is "How do I make sure people don't steal this", rather than "How do I make something people will hand me money for", then you're doing it wrong. Make a good game, and people will hand you money whether or not your DRM works. It sounds like this would have been a good game if they hadn't piled on top of it with this idiotic server crap. Real shame.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sava View Post
                I think it's BI's attempt at humor (they are including a Kluwe post, so humor is sort of mandatory). But it's BI, so they need a 'Sarcasm' sign.

Comment

• Why are there seven European servers but only four North American servers?

Comment

• EA, you are worse than Herpes. At least my infrastructure worked.

"My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                      Why are there seven European servers but only four North American servers?
                      1. More people live in Europe than the US.
                      2. Perhaps they're intended to be better distributed geographically - European country barriers increase lag/etc. issues even across the same distance
                      3. They're crappier servers?

Comment

• Now everyone is reporting that EA is pulling all advertising for SimCity.

Holy. ****ing. ****.

This really is some Baghdad Bob ****.
                        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• I think we can assume that the anti-piracy campaign has been successful then.

Comment

• Pulling the ads is a legal move for sure. They are probably going to have to revise their refund policy or be sued.

Comment

• EA has messed up a lot of games, they are just a bunch of suits, they treat gamers like crap. They are retards. If I ever see someone from EA I'm going postal.

They are serial offenders for releasing games that aren't play ready.
                              Last edited by Alexander's Horse; March 8, 2013, 19:37.
                              Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Working...
                              X