Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The end is near: Fast Food now outsells all other restaurant food in France.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MikeH View Post
    It's not despite it, it's because of it. Like me they've been reminded about horse - oh yeah, horse, that's really tasty we should get some.

The scandal is that it's mislabeled/mishandled not that it's horse.
    The scandal is ridiculous. The amount of horse is barely detectable.

Comment

They need glue to hold the sesame seeds on the bun.
      "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
        The scandal is ridiculous. The amount of horse is barely detectable.
        You have an odd definition of barely detectable.

Food Standards Agency makes sure food is safe and what it says it is.

Aldi said that its tests demonstrated that the withdrawn products contained between 30% and 100% horse meat.

Food Standards Agency makes sure food is safe and what it says it is.

As part of its ongoing investigation into mislabelled meat, the Food Standards Agency has confirmed that the meat content of beef lasagne products recalled by Findus has tested positive for more than 60% horse meat.
        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Maybe the human population should more sustainably regulate itself.
          Great idea! I suppose it starts with you!
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Actually, you've already started. By being such a colossally insufferable tw@t, you're still a virgin...
            Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
              No. Way too spicy.
              Wuss.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Pakistani food sucks too, of course.
                If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Y'know, not all Indian/'Stan food is spiced identically. You talk like somebody who's never had a potato-and-pea samosa, or a sheet of really good tandoori naan, or some lightly-seasoned (and not at all hot) lamb kebab--all available at my favorite kebab house. Even curries are mild as often as they are hot. Rogan josh won't exactly burn your mouth out.
                  1011 1100
                  Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Yeah, Indian/Pakistani food can be really very good even for people of medium spice palates like myself. More or less chili can be added to almost any dish without substantially affecting the flavor - the Cumin/Coriander/Mustard/(Black) Pepper/etc. masala that is the majority of the flavor is not very spicy (think Taco Bell level, though with actual taste). Also, various dishes often have fat-containing sauces that mellow out the acids in the spice, like Butter Chicken or even something like Palak Paneer. A good Biryani will usually be pretty spicy, but it can be combined with a yogurt sauce that mellows it out considerably while not detracting from the flavor.
                    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Damn, now I'm hungry for chunga kebab. With naan, and that hot yogurt sauce for dipping.
                      1011 1100
                      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Spicy food is good food.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                          Wuss.
                          I do not deny this allegation when it comes to spicy food. I can't handle spicy.
                          If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                          ){ :|:& };:

Comment

I have low tolerance for spice also. When we had dining out I was absolutely terrified of having to drink the grog (this is something Oerdin will know about). I showed up without my nameplate and didn't notice until I got there, yet somehow still got out of drinking it. Note our grog is mostly composed of hot sauce and vinegar (not unusual I know).

There are some spicy foods I really like though.

Comment

The only grog I know is an weak alcoholic drink which used to be given to sailors as part of their rum ration.
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

There is indian food that is very low spice.

All of it is delicious.

JM
                                Jon Miller-
                                I AM.CANADIAN
                                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Working...
                                X