No announcement yet.

Christopher Dorner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hm. You're right of course--LAPD, NYPD, etc are all just bigger and higher profile, so you hear about their bad stuff more.
    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

The current Dallas chief is good. He doesn't put up with anything on the street or internally.No distinctions. Break the law, pay the penalty.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
        Hm. You're right of course--LAPD, NYPD, etc are all just bigger and higher profile, so you hear about their bad stuff more.
        It's the barracks mentality. You spend your whole working career under pressure, dealing with the dregs of society every day, that you start viewing the world as us vs. them. I haven't thought about it much but I feel like there should be a regular rotation where every few months, every officer does something at elementary schools or works with police explorers, anything to remind them that the civilian population is not overwhelmingly criminal.
        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse View Post
          I don't doubt it Mike, just take the number of rounds fired into that SUV....with two little old ladies in it...carumba!
          The thing they don't like to admit is there's a reason the jurors acquitted OJ. He was guilty as hell, of course, but LAPD had been on a two or three year binge of notorious cowboy incidents in black neighborhoods in LA, gotten sued for millions, had officers lie repeatedly and get caught in it. Johnnie Cochrane has been the No. 3 official in the LA County District Attorney's office, (which has long had a poor relationship with LAPD), and he knew all the dirt intimately and was able to play to the jury's combo of complete distrust in LAPD and their desire to send a message. OJ just got lucky as far as time and place he did the killings, plus having the money to hire the right lawyer to get the job done.

Since Daryl Gates' tenure as chief (the peak of the cowboy era, but with a lot more justification than now), LAPD has gone through 7 chiefs in 20 years, and they've really been pretty much unable or unwilling to change the agency culture.
          When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

The other shooting case is finally getting some media attention:

David Perdue was on his way to sneak in some surfing before work Thursday morning when police flagged him down. They asked who he was and where he was headed, then sent him on his way.

Seconds later, Perdue's attorney said, a Torrance police cruiser slammed into his pickup and officers opened fire; none of the bullets struck Perdue.

His pickup, police later explained, matched the description of the one belonging to Christopher Jordan Dorner — the ex-cop who has evaded authorities after allegedly killing three and wounding two more. But the pickups were different makes and colors. And Perdue looks nothing like Dorner: He's several inches shorter and about a hundred pounds lighter. And Perdue is white; Dorner is black.
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Big city police departments kind of scare me. LAPD, NYPD, DCPD, Chicago PD--can anyone really say many nice things about them?
              Don't forget New Orleans PD. They have the singular distinction of having two former officers on death row for murders they committed while active duty police officers - one female officer committing armed robbery and recognizing a stakeout officer as one who knew her, and a detective who put out a hit on a woman who was a witness in an excessive force/misconduct claim against him.
              When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                The other shooting case is finally getting some media attention:

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...,3955268.story
                Maybe their goal is to find Dorner by process of elimination?

Comment

By eliminating all the white guys first?

That is unusual for the LAPD.

ACK!
                  Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat View Post
                    Maybe their goal is to find Dorner by process of elimination?
                    It was just a 'tragic misunderstanding' and officers are 'understandably operating under a lot of stress'.

I like how they stopped him and ID'd him then decided wait maybe he's a shape-shifter! Get him!

Comment

****can these ****ing idiots immediately. Jesus christ.

Comment

****can these ****ing idiots immediately. Jesus christ.
                        Dude, he had 'no injuries'. Paid administrative leave would be excessive.

Comment

You mean you should leave the clowns that are riddling the cars of innocent people with holes on the force? I don't think so.

Comment

You mean you should leave the clowns that are riddling the cars of innocent people with holes on the force? I don't think so.
                            I'm being sarcastic. I guarantee you nothing will happen beyond paid leave. No one died so no one cares.

The process of justification has already stated. From the article:

In a statement to The Times, the department said: "The circumstances of the incident known to the responding officers would have led a reasonable officer under normal circumstances — and these were far from normal circumstances — to believe that fellow officers were being shot at and that the vehicle traveling toward them posed a serious risk.

"In the split seconds available to them," the statement continued, "action was appropriate to intervene and stop the actions of the driver of that vehicle."

'to believe that fellow officers were being shot at' will get any officer away with murder.

Comment

I posted photos from this incident earlier in the thread:

Comment

LAPD is a bunch of assclowns...

Comment

Working...
                                X