No announcement yet.

3-D Printing your next Organ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get a grip Morons! This is an incredible scientific advance and you guys want to turn it into a religion/abortion debate?

Surely they are worthy topics to debate, but just looking at the science here...this is an incredible accomplishment with vast implications for helping huge numbers of suffering and dying people.
    "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

This is especially interesting because you aren't anti-war. So it's okay to deny an enemy soldier a Christian life because of petty political or economic reasons... but a woman can't be allowed to choose to give her child the best possible life by planning when to give birth.
      Sirrah, how many fetuses attack the mother?

As I said earlier, I have an obligation to protect the innocent. If someone attacks, I can fight back to protect other people. I do not have to stand there and watch them get slaughtered.

The same is not true of an abortion. The child did not choose her mother. The child did not attack the mother - yet the mother is attacking the child.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Sorry PLATO. It's fun to watch BK's brain in action. I'm bored waiting for a game to download.
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
          Sirrah, how many fetuses attack the mother?
          Jesus says turn the other cheek. He didn't go all vengeful God on the Romans now, did he?
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
            Sorry PLATO. It's fun to watch BK's brain in action. I'm bored waiting for a game to download.
            "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

I have an obligation to protect the innocent.
              Fetuses aren't innocent. Original sin much?
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Get a grip Morons! This is an incredible scientific advance and you guys want to turn it into a religion/abortion debate
                If it's about the science - use adult cells. Don't kill other people.

Surely they are worthy topics to debate, but just looking at the science here...this is an incredible accomplishment with vast implications for helping huge numbers of suffering and dying people.
                I agree. There are ethical ways of doing this. Arguing that we can kill worthless people in order to advance society is the same motivation that has prompted all kinds of atrocities in human history. it's the same motivation that Mengele put forth.
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Jesus says turn the other cheek. He didn't go all vengeful God on the Romans now, did he?
                  Then why doesn't the mother turn hers?

Comment

Fetuses aren't innocent. Original sin much?
                    All the more reason to ensure they get baptised...

Comment

Then why doesn't the mother turn hers?
                      Oh... this is going to win over the women voters. Harvest the child at all costs from their mutilated corpses.

Nevermind the fact that they can try to pump out more spawn in a matter of weeks or months. Let's get what we can from them and throw them away.
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Uhm. Original sin complete destroys the notion that fetuses are born innocent. Try again.
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Oh... this is going to win over the women voters. Harvest the child at all costs from their mutilated corpses.
                          So, the mother will die unless she kills her child first?

Comment

Uhm. Original sin complete destroys the notion that fetuses are born innocent. Try again.
                            If you carry the child to term and baptize the child, the child will be cleansed of original sin. I thought you schismatics believed this too.

Comment

If accepting God is a requirement for being saved then how does splashing water on the head of a baby not old enough to even understand the concept in any way effective?

Comment

If it's about the science - use adult cells. Don't kill other people.

I agree. There are ethical ways of doing this. Arguing that we can kill worthless people in order to advance society is the same motivation that has prompted all kinds of atrocities in human history. it's the same motivation that Mengele put forth.
                                Yeah I know...the world is flat and the Earth is the Center of the Universe. Whatever...

Personally Ben, I am against abortion too. So what? If these things are never researched then how will we ever know how to create the type stem cells we need. Not to mention that HC has already stated that the cells used in this type research are obtained from material that would be discarded anyway.

I know you just want to push your agenda...and that's fine. Maybe even your "christian duty", but to religiously turn a blind eye to science is to put you in the mentaliuty of the 1500's. Surely you don't want to be thought of as someone from that time period, do you? Remember, untold number of deaths have been caused by people doing their "christian duty".

I think we all know your position on this issue, so can the rest of us discuss the positive implications? You are certainly welcome to join in...

Comment

Working...
                                X