No announcement yet.

Perry Nullifies Obamacare in Texas!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So you're arguing it makes more sense for me to spend money on health insurance today rather than hookers and blow, and then paying for health insurance later.

Does the term 'opportunity cost' mean anything to you?
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
      So you're arguing it makes more sense for me to spend money on health insurance today rather than hookers and blow, and then paying for health insurance later.

Does the term 'opportunity cost' mean anything to you?
      No, I'm saying a dollar is worth more in the situation where you need to buy medical care to save your life than it is in the situation where you don't.

Comment

• No, I'm saying a dollar is worth more in the situation where you need to buy medical care to save your life than it is in the situation where you don't.
        Damn. Captain Obvious strikes.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• If it's so obvious why don't you have insurance?

Comment

• Captain Obvious trumps Captain Obtuse.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• If it's so obvious why don't you have insurance?
              John Madden called, he wants you to fill in for him.

You already conceded the point that me spending on hookers and blow now and spending on medical insurance later is the optimal use of scarce dollars. So, what's your argument?

Comment

John Madden called, he wants you to fill in for him.

You already conceded the point that me spending on hookers and blow now and spending on medical insurance later is the optimal use of scarce dollars. So, what's your argument?
                No, I did not concede that. If something bad happened before "later" you would regret not having insurance.

Comment

• Yes, because anybody that has studied actuarial tables knows is that they are just predictors to assess risk, and don't provide any guarantees.
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• If something bad happened before "later" you would regret not having insurance.
                    True, but what are the odds of this?

Comment

• Yes, because anybody that has studied actuarial tables knows is that they are just predictors to assess risk, and don't provide any guarantees.
                      And anyone who's studied them knows that risks increase dramatically after 50 or so.

Comment

• So what. Your current risk is > 0.
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Your current risk is > 0.
                          So's my risk of dying. Damn good thing I had the hookers and blow today.

Comment

• Originally posted by DinoDoc View Post
                            Butt **** Canada has seen nearly a 30% drop in physicians according to this source.
                            For those who didn't click through to his article, the headline is:
                            Doctor numbers in Canada at all-time high

And a summary:
                            The number of physicians in Canada is at an all-time high and rising, according to new data, suggesting the much-discussed doctor shortage may be improving.

Between 1980 and 2010, the number of physicians in Canada increased by 87.1 per cent, finds the study, Supply Distribution and Migration of Canadian Physicians, 2010, released Thursday by the Canadian Institute for Health Information.

And DinoDoc's 30% number? Oh, here it is.
                            There has also been a surge in the number of medical graduates from both Canadian universities and foreign institutions. In 2010, 2,448 medical degrees were awarded — a 30 per cent increase from 2005, according to the report. The number of international medical school graduates grew 18 per cent, meaning that 2,500 physicians joined the supply of doctors in Canada. These numbers are expected to increase in the coming years.

DinoDoc reminds me: The American education system also sucks.
                            Last edited by Asher; July 17, 2012, 16:52.
                            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Any shootings in Texas?
                              I guess you haven't paid attention to the news.

In a crime that typifies Texas, a redneck shot a young Lesbian couple (18 & 19) in the head to execute them. In a public park.
                              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

And anyone who's studied them knows that risks increase dramatically after 50 or so.
                                For this to be relevant to whether you would benefit from insurance, health insurance companies would have to ignore the age of their customers when determining the cost of coverage, which would be retarded.

Comment

Working...
                                X