Perry Nullifies Obamacare in Texas!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DinoDoc View Post
    What amuses me is that none of the reforms in Obamacare actually brings down the cost curve in the right direction as evidenced by the fact that CBO estimates of the cost of coverage keep going up.
    ACOs are one of the attempts to address this.
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Originally posted by MrFun View Post
      it's President Obama
      It's Mr. President.
      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• It's ridiculous because of stupid people like you.
        It's a rational economic decision. The outcomes are always bad when we force people to act against their economic best interests. It doesn't help the state, and it doesn't help the people involved.

Do you seriously have hundreds of thousands of dollars saved up for when you get diagnosed with Leukemia?
        Why on earth would I have fear of contracting Leukemia?

Could you really cover the cost of an appendectomy (average cost of $33,000 -- some people paying upwards of $180,000 (source)?
        When it costs about 1500 here? Absolutely. I don't live in 'average america', and thank God for that. I live in flyover counrty.

The costs are so obscene and outrageous no reasonable person -- especially a mentally challenged illegal such as yourself -- could have enough funds to cover such treatment.
        This 'mentally challenged person', has access to health care professionals and knows that if he needed care, that they would know exactly what to do.

There is nothing rational or reasonable with what you are doing. You are gambling and you are retarded.
        I've been hospitalized once in the past 25 years.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
          Yes. Very cost-ineffective, but outcome-neutral relative to the UK system.
          Wouldn't the price of the outcome be part of the outcome?
          In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

• I'm speaking strictly of health outcomes.

It is horrifying that we spend so much more than every other industrialized nation and get nothing to show for it relative to most, but on most measures of pure health outcome, the US and UK are equivalent. Canada rates much better.
            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Why are you always so reasonable, Guy? It's sickening.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                I'm speaking strictly of health outcomes.

It is horrifying that we spend so much more than every other industrialized nation and get nothing to show for it relative to most, but on most measures of pure health outcome, the US and UK are equivalent. Canada rates much better.
                This is misleading. From what I've read, the US rates better than Canada for outcomes when you separate certain demographic groups. Basically, both black people and white people have better outcomes in the US than in Canada, but when you put the two groups together, because the US has more black people it looks worse than Canada overall.

This might sound racist but it's simply a fact that for various reasons blacks tend to have lower life expectancies and higher rates of illness than whites.
                If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                  This might sound racist but it's simply a fact that for various reasons blacks tend to have lower life expectancies and higher rates of illness than whites.
                  You're right. That does sound racist.

Comment

• Well I didn't invent the statistics. That's just how the numbers work out.
                    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• There are plenty of black Canadians, you know. Joel Anthony, Drake ... um ... and others, I'm sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post
                        Why are you always so reasonable, Guy? It's sickening.
                        My superior French genetics and classical Midwestern all-American upbringing.

Duh.
                        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                          Well I didn't invent the statistics. That's just how the numbers work out.
                          What statistics are you using? Blacks have a lower life expectancy, but I don't think that's what Guynemer was talking about, because the UK's life expectancy at birth is close to Canada's.

Comment

• At one point, after Kathleen McKinley was done getting a private shooting lesson from the Gov. of Texas (seriously, how cool is that?), Gov. Perry looked over at me and asked if I wanted to squeeze off a few rounds with his personal handgun. I jumped at the chance. So there we are, Gov. Perry and I, squeezed into a 5′ wide alley…and the next thing I know, Gov. Perry has locked and loaded his handgun, and hands it to me and says, “It’s live.”

Perry

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher View Post
                              It's ridiculous because of stupid people like you.

Do you seriously have hundreds of thousands of dollars saved up for when you get diagnosed with Leukemia? Could you really cover the cost of an appendectomy (average cost of $33,000 -- some people paying upwards of $180,000 (source)?

The costs are so obscene and outrageous no reasonable person -- especially a mentally challenged illegal such as yourself -- could have enough funds to cover such treatment.

There is nothing rational or reasonable with what you are doing. You are gambling and you are retarded.
                              If there was ever anyone I would wish a sudden, unexpected and hugely expensive* life threatening medical condition, it would be Ben - just to serve him right...

*as it currently stands in the US
                              Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                                Why on earth would I have fear of contracting Leukemia?
                                It's just an example of a terrifyingly expensive affliction that affects men your age all of the time without warning nor any risk-heavy behaviours.

When it costs about 1500 here? Absolutely. I don't live in 'average america', and thank God for that. I live in flyover counrty.
                                It doesn't cost $1,500 there. You are a liar.

This 'mentally challenged person', has access to health care professionals and knows that if he needed care, that they would know exactly what to do.
                                That's true of every Canadian ever born...

Whether you "have access to health care professionals" doesn't matter if your income is ****.

I've been hospitalized once in the past 25 years.
                                You're obviously excluding mental hospitals from this statistic.

Honestly, Ben, there are few people more worthy than you of a lengthy stay in a US hospital while uninsured.
                                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Working...
                                X