Perry Nullifies Obamacare in Texas!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confessions are such a joke. Here is how to get a hate crime conviction:

Investigator: Good on you, killing that ****, she had it coming.
    Perpetrator: I agree!

Comment

• I wonder if this man would've seen a doctor sooner if he didn't have to pay through the nose to see an urgent care clinic?

"The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• The distressed cat bit his hand. Unable to remove the mouse, Mr. Gaylord shot Charlie to end his suffering and buried him in the yard.

Two days later, he awoke with a fever and chills.

An Army veteran who rarely visits a doctor, Mr. Gaylord felt sick enough to go to the Veterans Administration outpatient clinic in nearby Bend. But the clinic had so many patients that doctors couldn't see him for more than a week.

The next day, Mr. Gaylord, who doesn't have private health insurance, went to an urgent care clinic. The doctor diagnosed cat scratch fever, provided him with medicine and told him to return if his condition worsened.

He was back a few days later. Diana Gaylord said her brother dripped with sweat and his lymph nodes swelled.
        Damn, too bad the government-run clinic didn't help him.

It looks like we have here a one day delay from the government-run clinic being full and instead going to the urgent care clinic, then a delay of "a few days" from misdiagnosis.

Comment

• Yep. The American government, particularly the VA, is notoriously poorly implemented.

You don't wait a week to see a doctor with Plague-like symptoms in Canada.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• If it was obvious he had the plague, he probably wouldn't have been diagnosed with cat scratch fever.

Comment

• Either way, not a week. Same-day diagnosis in a clinic.

Comment

• We don't know what would have happened if the VA clinic hadn't existed, but he might have gone to the urgent care clinic sooner, in which case he could have gotten his incorrect diagnosis faster.

Comment

• Of course if he showed up at Princeton-Plainsboro Hospital in New Jersey then he would have been diagnosed with the plague immediately.

Comment

• Only after ruling out lupus.

Comment

• Looks like some guy wrote an article especially for reg and Ben:

“As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Originally posted by DinoDoc View Post
                        You might have noticed a graph in the middle of the article where it showed a -27.7% drop in the Northwest Territories. I jumped to the conclusion that would be what the natives would call Butt**** Canada. Or is that Newfoundland?

l2read.

That's akin to the Northern part of Alaska.
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)
                        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Couple things here.

In fact, some of those 30 million will be poor enough to qualify for Medicaid, and will not end up in the private market. How many? Because the same Supreme Court case that approved the mandate also allowed states to opt out of expanded Medicaid, it’s impossible to say
                          IOW, he has no clue as to what is actually going to happen. My argument is that there will be fewer people in private coverage rather than more of them, because Obamacare provides incentives for businesses to drop their coverages.

But my point stands that the law, although it imposes new rules on insurers, is not a “federal takeover” of health insurance
                          So he's admitting the substance while quibbling over semantics?

But I’m skeptical that many savvy businessmen would turn down a good opportunity to expand simply to avoid offering workers health insurance.
                          What they will do is remove existing health coverage - since their existing health coverage will be a competitive liability.

businesses with fewer than 25 employees that already offer health insurance will be eligible for new tax credits
                          Again, there is nothing stopping these businesses from dropping their employee coverage and still receiving the tax credit.

The increased access to health care will create new jobs in the health care industry itself
                          Not necessarily so. Say 10 percent of my customers represent 90 percent of my profit. What happens if I double my clientele, but lose half of my best customers?

Doubling the 10 percent, gets me a 10 percent increase, but halving the 5, nets me minus 50 in business. So the result is -40 percent losses.

The Affordable Care Act takes first steps towards controlling the costs of our bloated system
                          Quite the opposite. Costs of healthcare will go up, even as overall spending drops.

To prevent that, the Obama administration government has granted waivers to companies (and unions)
                          So, IOW - he did exempt unions from the bill.

The board can reduce the amount Medicare pays health care providers for services
                          Oh, Granny is under futile care - her services will no longer be covered. Health care providers cut her off.

Terrible article.
                          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• No better endorsement.
                            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
                            X