No announcement yet.

MSNBC Creatively Edits Romney Speech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be fair, Romney didn't really have much of a point. It was more of a ramble that he eventually realized wasn't going anywhere.
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Did they manage to make that corporate bot Romney interesting? I'd like to see that. He looks like Ken from Barbie.
      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

His Arnie bit was good in that video. Then he kind of lost focus.
        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi View Post
          To be fair, Romney didn't really have much of a point. It was more of a ramble that he eventually realized wasn't going anywhere.
          His point was "the private sector has some very efficient sandwich shops so let's cut taxes and government services for the poor."

Comment

Ah, I see. Thanks.
            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Man, TMM going to blow his lid if he ever watches Fox News.
              More like blow his _____

Diane Macedo hhhnnnggg

People are stupid and Romney was being as deep as he could be there.
              "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                Even if it "changes the meaning of the statement" which MSNBC did here?
                I stopped watching after 2 minutes and not seeing anything. Did something happen after the two minute mark? Up to that point it looked like they were just removing excess chatter.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                  I stopped watching after 2 minutes and not seeing anything. Did something happen after the two minute mark? Up to that point it looked like they were just removing excess chatter.
                  They take out all context that explains him talking about the sophistication of the order taking system at Wawa. He compared it to the slowness of an optometrist getting an address change.

Without that context, it looks like: 'I went to Wawa.... pushed buttons to order a sandwich, etc. it was amazing!' ie- I have never been to a store before

With context, it's: 'The government is so inefficient without competition and so slow to adapt. Look at Wawa. You go in there and push buttons and get your order taken instantly. It's amazing what private sector ingenuity, which the government lacks, can come up with!' ie- an actual cogent point.

Honestly, if they want to say he's out of touch, they could point to how he keeps calling it Wawas and not Wawa. But that's forgivable compared to Kerry's 'cheesesteak'.
                  "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                  "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Personally, I loved his 'Cheezy grits' comment. Apparently he loves them.
                    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                      Every news company cuts out extraneous junk and the difference is the good media companies don't change the meaning of the statement while companies like Fox Noise edit the **** out of it so that it appears the person said the exact opposite of what they actually said. I personally have absolutely no problem with editing out the worthless in between talk which is off topic.
                      Well then you agree with everybody else that MSNBC is not a good media company.
                      John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

This campaign it looks like the other news channels have become democrat versions of Fox
                        I need a foot massage

Comment

That's the typical scenario. FOX News gets the best ratings of any news channel because it is, among all of them, the only one that is not liberal.

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                            More like blow his _____

Diane Macedo hhhnnnggg

Fox may be hyperbolic, but it's conservative and has hot anchors
                            If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                            ){ :|:& };:

Comment

MSNBC's ratings are somewhere between the toilet and the septic tank.
                              If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                              ){ :|:& };:

Comment

BullShi*!!!BullShi*!!!BullShi*!!!BullShi*!!!BullSh i*!!!BullShi*!!!BullShi*!!!BullShi*!!!BullShi*!!!B ullShi*!!!BullShi*!!!BullShi*!!!BullShi*!!!BullShi *!!!
                                I went to Loblaw's and there was no sandwich making machine!!! Mitts is a vagina!
                                There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Working...
                                X