MSNBC Creatively Edits Romney Speech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
    MSNBC's ratings are somewhere between the toilet and the septic tank.
    That happens when....

Fox News:

MSNBC:
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Can't tell if the lower one is a man or a woman. Knowing MSNBC, it's entirely possible "it" is both
      If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
      ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Can't tell if the lower one is a man or a woman. Knowing MSNBC, it's entirely possible "it" is both
        You really don't recognize Rachel Maddow?
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
          That's the typical scenario. FOX News gets the best ratings of any news channel because it is, among all of them, the only one that is not liberal.
          Alpert already explained where Fox News' ratings come from.
          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

So where was Romney at that he was discussing Wawa? I didn't know he was near here this week.

Comment

Memo to NBC: What the hell is wrong with you?
              June 19, 2012 By Deacon Greg Kandra

Seriously.

First, there was the Trayvon Martin boondoggle a few months ago.

Then yesterday, evidence of some creative editing regarding Mitt Romney’s visit to a Wawa in Pennsylvania.

Today, we have Andrea Mitchell’s spectacularly lame followup to “criticism of the Romney clip edit” — which amounted to Ms. Mitchell saying, with a sigh and a frown, “Oh, bother. Fine. Here’s what we left out.” She failed to acknowledge what the “criticism” entailed; she neglected to point out how the editing misrepresented the event being covered; and she offered nothing resembling an apology or an admission of responsibility for something that was, as a matter of fact, irresponsible.

I’m tired. Truly. I’ve grown weary of trying to defend the indefensible and explain the inexplicable. For years, people have stomped their feet and pounded their fists and snorted “Liberal media bias!” and I’ve always tut-tutted and shooshed them and said, “No, no. Calm down. They meant well. It was just a misunderstanding. A mistake. These things happen.” I spent over 25 years working in the oft-reviled Mainstream Media and I saw up close and personal how the sausage was made. I knew the people who wielded the knives and wore the aprons, and could vouch (most of the time, anyway) for their good intentions.

But now?

Forget it. I’m done. You deserve what they’re saying about you. It’s earned. You have worked long and hard to merit the suspicion, acrimony, mistrust and revulsion that the media-buying public increasingly heaps upon you. You have successfully eroded any confidence, dispelled any trust, and driven your audience into the arms of the Internet and the blogosphere, where biases are affirmed and like-minded people can tell each other what they hold to be true, since nobody believes in objective reality any more. You have done a superlative job of diminishing what was once a great profession and undermining one of the vital underpinnings of democracy, a free press.

Good job.

I just have one question:

What the hell is wrong with you guys?

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/deacons...rong-with-you/

Deacon Greg Kandra is a Roman Catholic deacon serving the Diocese of Brooklyn, New York. A veteran broadcast journalist, Deacon Greg worked for 26 years as a writer and producer for CBS News in both New York and Washington. He now serves as the Executive Editor of ONE, the acclaimed magazine published by the Catholic Near East Welfare Association (CNEWA). In addition to receiving two awards from the Catholic Press Association, Deacon Greg has been honored with every major award in broadcasting, including two George Foster Peabody Awards, two Emmy Awards, and four awards from the Writers Guild of America.
              "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Knowing MSNBC, it's entirely possible "it" is both
                Err, did you actually just say that?
                Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

While I don't oppose equal opportunity for shemales, I think they'd probably be better off sticking to radio.
                  If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                  ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Yes... let's judge women by their appearance. I hope you're trolling.

Comment

While I don't oppose equal opportunity for shemales, I think they'd probably be better off sticking to radio.
                      Rachel Maddow should be judged by her words and her words alone. That is to say, she should be judged poorly.
                      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                        Rachel Maddow should be judged by her words and her words alone. That is to say, she should be judged poorly.
                        While I agree with this sentiment and the fact that I find her arguements intellectually dishonest, apparently within the dim bulb intellects of the chattering punditry class she is thought to be a deep thinker.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeedpoli...-rachel-maddow
                        "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Originally posted by Ogie Oglethorpe View Post
                          While I agree with this sentiment and the fact that I find her arguements intellectually dishonest, apparently within the dim bulb intellects of the chattering punditry class she is thought to be a deep thinker.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeedpoli...-rachel-maddow
                          I saw that too and I was like huh? It's all one-liners from her.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                            I stopped watching after 2 minutes and not seeing anything. Did something happen after the two minute mark? Up to that point it looked like they were just removing excess chatter.

Holy crap, seriously? I'll just watch 2 minutes and ignore the rest and state an opinion without full knowledge of the facts? I understand the rest of your posts so much better now.
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Even 2 minutes in is sufficient to figure out that Romney was saying something besides 'doh. Wawa ordering machines are amazing!'

And if he stopped 2 minutes in, that means, unless he knew about this in advance from maybe watching Andrea Mitchell Reports, he actually had no idea of the nature of what was shown on MSNBC because the critical part of the edit (the 'it's amazing!') doesn't show up until the end of the video. So he would have no idea about what they're laughing about.

Plus I think the video hits harder if you see exactly what was shown on MSNBC:

Wish I could break Andrea Mitchell's big nose.

Comment

I've never heard of Wawa before now. Are their machines amazing?
                                “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                                "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
                                X