Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Catholic church condones child rape and is against the abortion that will save her life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's possible to find a submissive wife so long as you can afford enough leather
    <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
      That's not what you said earlier. You said earlier that you 'believed' this to be the case. Where's the evidence for this?
      I can say it with utter certainty. Adolescence and fertility usualy begin between the ages of 12 and 13 in girls. If you were to construct a curve of the onset of menarche the first standard deviation on either side would be between the 12 and 13th birthdays, that means that fewer than 17% of girls younger than 12 are capable of conceiving. That fact alone means that at least 80% of the sample population would be older than 10 and 11. Furthermore let me point out that the age of the girl in question wasn't in the same age range as the girls in Grupo Curumim's study. They were 10 to 11, she was 9.

Do you have evidence to support your contention that there would be significant differences in terms of maternal mortality between the 10 and the 11 years olds, as between the 13 and 14 year olds?
      You mean you're so isolated that you've never seen girls in this age range? For one thing the average 9 year old is half the weight of the average 14 year old. The average 9 year old weighs about 60 pounds. On the average a twin pregnancy is going to add 30 pounds to a girl's weight, counting the weight of the fetuses, the amniotic fluid, the placenta and the enlarged uterus. If you don't believe that 9 year olds are different than 14 year olds, why not ask Guynemar? He's a pediatrician.

Well, then since we don't know where her pain is coming from, we should abort her so that she'll no longer have pain. Is this medicine?
      [B]We[B] don't know where her pain was coming from, but perhaps her doctor did? In two places the article states that the abortion was performed to save her life, but we're not told why the girl was in pain. Perhaps the doctor had reasons not stated in the news. We don't really know do we?
      "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

• Hey Guynemer. Ben wants to know if 9 year olds are different from 14 year olds, particularily in matters of reproductive health. Would you kndly lend your expert pediatric opinion in this matter?
        "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

• "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Why bother... Ben has never let facts get in the way of his rants... He will just ignore the facts, claim it's all God's will, and continue to make stupid arguments/statements.
            Keep on Civin'
            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Strangelove View Post
              Hey Guynemer. Ben wants to know if 9 year olds are different from 14 year olds, particularily in matters of reproductive health. Would you kndly lend your expert pediatric opinion in this matter?
              They different, yo.

I'm afraid any attempt at a deeper analysis would simply confuse the poor lad.
              "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• I can say it with utter certainty.
                Ok. So where's the empirical evidence thereof that the children who bear children at this age are at a greater risk of dying than the average? There seems to be considerable professional disagreement over this. See, I'm an empiricist. Everyone 'knows' certain facts to be true. But an empiricist requires proof beyond, "I say it should be thus". I'm already citing a obstetician, who's speciality is caring for pregnant woman, I should think she should know what she is talking about.

Adolescence and fertility usualy begin between the ages of 12 and 13 in girls.
                Down from around 15-16 from back in the 50's.

If you were to construct a curve of the onset of menarche the first standard deviation on either side would be between the 12 and 13th birthdays
                And rather sharply so. Less than 10 percent before 11, and 90 percent before 13. So 12 is about right these days.

That fact alone means that at least 80% of the sample population would be older than 10 and 11.
                I'm not disputing this fact, what I am disputing is your argument that because the overall sample averages out to be X, that the sample of children that are younger than 11, have significantly higher chance of dying than those who are older.

See, the sample isn't 'polluted', if there is no substantive differences between the age groups. What you've said here actually gives insufficient information to prove your case.

Furthermore let me point out that the age of the girl in question wasn't in the same age range as the girls in Grupo Curumim's study. They were 10 to 11, she was 9.
                True, and she had twins. She's already an outlier of an outlier. Even so, you have an obstetician putting her professional reputation on the line saying that even for the outlier of an outlier that she can deliver safely with adequate care. So to me, if X can be done safely than X/10 can also be done safely. This is simple common sense...

You mean you're so isolated that you've never seen girls in this age range?
                Yes, I'm aware of the developmental differences. I'm asking you again - is there any empirical proof that there are significant maternal mortality differences between the two? Citing that they have development differences, ergo, they are more likely to die - well, that's not what the actual statistics are showing. If developmental differences were the substantial factor, then we should expect to see that the death rate for the 13 and 14 year olds to be higher. But, we see the exact opposite.

Clearly, the most substantial factor concerning maternal mortality for these young girls is not developmental differences, but the quality of the care. If this is true, then it should be possible to deliver her safely with sufficient care.

If you don't believe that 9 year olds are different than 14 year olds, why not ask Guynemar? He's a pediatrician.
                My contention is not that they are the same, my contention is that developmental differences are not the most important factor here. I'm arguing that the evidence seems to suggest that the quality of care is more important.

I'm not even saying that the developmental differences are unimportant either. I'm saying, it can be done safely if precautions are taken.

[B]We[B] don't know where her pain was coming from, but perhaps her doctor did? In two places the article states that the abortion was performed to save her life, but we're not told why the girl was in pain. Perhaps the doctor had reasons not stated in the news. We don't really know do we?
                Well, if your best argument is that 'we don't know why she was in pain,' then that's insufficient evidence in favor of your position that the abortion was done in order to treat her pain. If the doctor was willing to cite her pain as evidence in favor of the abortion (which the article does), he leaves out the very crucial assessment as to what precisely was causing her pain. Nor does he provide alternatives to abortion that would treat her pain, and give us a discussion as to why he chose not to take these avenues.

"We don't know why", is simply insufficient.
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• SO a pediatrician's word here is more substantive than the word of an obstetician? If authority is the basis of your arguments, surely you can see why I wouldn't be convinced by that argument.
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• 1) No-one gives a **** what you're convinced by.
                    2) Only someone truly stupid would sit with no medical experience and tell two doctors that they don't medically know what they're talking about.

Comment

• 2) Only someone truly stupid would sit with no medical experience and tell two doctors that they don't medically know what they're talking about.
                      So the fact that I'm citing a professional has no bearing on your opinion?

Comment

• Yes, the fact you're picking some random **** of the internet without knowledge of that doctors biases and even the full context of his comments and saying that carries more weight than two qualified professionals who actually know what the **** their talking about is frankly retarded.

Comment

• Yes, the fact you're picking some random **** of the internet without knowledge of that doctors biases
                          As opposed to Guynemer and Dr. Strangelove who support abortion? If we're arguing bias - then their confirmed bias in favor of abortion isn't exactly helping you.

and even the full context of his comments and saying that carries more weight than two qualified professionals who actually know what the **** their talking about is frankly retarded.
                          As opposed to a lady obstetician who 'actually knows the **** she is talking about? It's a her, Kentonio. Thanks for confirming you never actually read what she had to say. Or perhaps ladies aren't really professionals who say things that matter?

Comment

• Ben, do you think that an abortion could ever be medically necessary to save the life of the mother? Would this morally justify an abortion?
                            <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                              As opposed to a lady obstetician who 'actually knows the **** she is talking about? It's a her, Kentonio. Thanks for confirming you never actually read what she had to say. Or perhaps ladies aren't really professionals who say things that matter?
                              Let's be clear here, Ben.

You continually fixate on one sentence from one doctor in one country who was not involved on the case. What she said was:
                              Dr. Elizabeth Kipman Cerqueira, a Brazilian obstetrician, said in a public statement on the case that "I don’t know anyone who died because of the young age at which she was impregnated, if she received adequate accompaniment,"

So her ignorance doesn't mean she thinks the mother would be unharmed. She's saying she doesn't know of any cases. To be sure, very few people can think of cases where 9 year olds deliver twins. I dare you to even cite one other. Hell, she couldn't even do it.

You need to stop claiming she says the girl would've been fine. That is not at all what she said, and her medical opinion is definitely in the minority - even amongst obstetricians.

Oh, and minor conflict of interest. She's a devout Catholic who represented the interests of the Church before the Brazilian Supreme Court.

FURTHER STILL, in her full public comment even she never said the girl could carry the fetuses (fetii?) to term.

She thought that at 22 weeks they should've "induced labour".
                              Last edited by Asher; May 30, 2012, 22:57.
                              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• For the record, the chance of survival at 22 weeks is 0-10% and those that do survive have chronic health problems and disabilities.

Many hospitals and medical associations even have policies not to attempt resuscitation at 22 weeks.
                                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Working...
                                X