X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by EPW View Post
    You know nothing, Koyaanisqatsi .
    Koyaanisqatsi knows much and more.
    Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
    The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
    The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

• Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
      I'm waiting for a skin changer to capture a dragon.
      To be honest I assumed that people who can ride dragons are skin changers-but-don't-know-it much like Jon Snow with his direwolf, especially because Martin keeps dropping hints that you have to have the right blood for the dragons to accept you.
      Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
      The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
      The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

• Re: the Boltons, yes, indeed, someone needs to kill them.

Luckily, there are no shortage of significant characters, of sundry degrees of awesomeness and ability to accomplish such, who feel the same way.
        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
          Re: the Boltons, yes, indeed, someone needs to kill them.

Luckily, there are no shortage of significant characters, of sundry degrees of awesomeness and ability to accomplish such, who feel the same way.
          A wizard will do it.
          "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

• "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Actually, that was pretty funny given the direction the series seems to be going.
              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• I have FINALLY hit the point in book 5 where we start coming back to the characters that were left hanging in book 4-- I like this better since I never know until I turn the page which characters may or may not show up

I continue to enjoy it even though I can certainly understand sentiments that these two books are all about filling a few years until he gets back to his
                overall main planned themes
                You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Dragons !!!!!
                  You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Finished A Dance with Dragons, and I definitely feel the slower pace grinding away. I like how things are shaping up though, and I'm settling in for the long wait.
                    John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                      Oh, don't worry. Sansa will ride on a unicorn pony with a magic wand of happiness and it will all be fine. (The wizard will give her the wand.)
                      "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

• I am almost done Dance of Dragons-- I am enjoying it but I know I am going to finish it unfulfilled as so many story lines will just pause. I see why people refer to this as filler and I am hoping that Martin has a clear enough plan of what happens next thatwe can see another book in a couple of years and one that will advance the storyline more than these two did

Comment

• Just finished Dance of Dragons-- I will say that I was glad that he managed to end some storylines in the concluding chapters but for the most part, I stand by the idea that the book just stopped instead of ended-- I felt the whole book was building up to an ending that never really happened yet and from the looks of things, there could be another half a book before he hits a climax--

Comment

• OH ya and I don't believe any note sent by a Bolton-- everything it said could have been gleaned from capturing one wildling

Comment

• /me closes his eyes. I'm 150 pages into book 2. How safe is this thread?
                              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Not at all... until you have read the last released book .
                                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                                X