No announcement yet.

A Song Of Ice And Fire: book discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Of course it's Ben Stark, though I don't think it's stated.
    "

Comment

• I believe he's rather older than that.
      "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• I've been rereading books 1-4 in anticipation of book 5 (I am almost finished book 3 now), but the idea of the parralel books 4-5 has me wondering if I should read them together. I wonder if there is a chronological chapter list somewhere that I could find so that I could read the chapters in order?

For those of you that have read book 5....does this make sense?

Seeing as we may be waiting 10 years for book 6, I am in no hurry to read them, and mixing the new (5) with the old (4) wouldn't be so terrible.

/me
        "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• Yipes.

Not sure about that, SH. I can think of one book five incident that is mentioned in book four, but nothing from book four that is mentioned in book five (although book five does extend beyond the timeframe of four, and folds some of four's characters back into the story). (Not saying that's all there is, that's just all that leaps to mind at the moment.) I think you're just asking for a headache.
          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• I've seen attempts at sorting out the chapter order of books 4 and 5. I might try it some time during the long wait for book 6, but I'd recommend reading the books as written for the first time through.
            ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

• Originally posted by Koyaanisqatsi View Post
              I believe he's rather older than that.
              You know nothing, Koyaanisqatsi .
              Last edited by EPW; August 21, 2011, 18:54.
              "

Comment

• Originally posted by EPW View Post
                Of course it's Ben Stark, though I don't think it's stated.
                I haven't gotten to the end but I honestly thought it was just Ben Stark's body but that it was being used by one of those skin changers; maybe the warg known as the three eyed crow. I guess I'll just have to keep reading. Right now I'm at the part where cold hands kills the rangers from the black watch who were following Bran & Co.
                Last edited by Dinner; August 21, 2011, 22:13.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Sure, there is crazy tree magic going on there. I don't think he really acts possessed though.
                  "

Comment

• I'm waiting for a skin changer to capture a dragon.

Comment

• The chapter where Davos goes to White Harbor mentioned an inn which was renowned for it's lamprey pie. I suddenly want to try lamprey pie.

Comment

• The Reek business gets stranger and stranger
                        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Seriously.

Comment

• Someone needs to kill all the Boltons.

Comment

• Starting with Michael.
                              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Well done
                                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                                X