X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spoiler:
    John Snow?
    Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
    Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
    We've got both kinds

Comment

• If Oerdin weren't misspelling something, we'd all think his account had been hacked.
      John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

• I think Mike was more referring to including him in that list.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Well both, but the inclusion was what merited a spoiler tag.
          Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
          Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
          We've got both kinds

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
            I have that problem too. It's hard to connect with characters when there are so many and they keep dying but that said there are characters who have survived the whole series. John Snow, Sansa, the Queen, Jamie, the Tyrgarian princess, Bran & Riccon Stark, Sam, Theon, etc...
            You forgot Arya, arguably the most awesome character who has the best character arc.

Refresh my memory, folks. Regarding Book 2, there is only one death of major political signifigance
            Spoiler:
            Renly
            , and a couple other deaths of some emotional impact, but nothing like Book 1 (or Book 3)
            Spoiler:
            Yoren, Qhorin
            unless I'm forgetting something.
            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeH View Post
              Well both, but the inclusion was what merited a spoiler tag.
              He's not dead yet!

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
              You forgot Arya, arguably the most awesome character who has the best character arc.

Refresh my memory, folks. Regarding Book 2, there is only one death of major political signifigance
              Spoiler:
              Renly
              , and a couple other deaths of some emotional impact, but nothing like Book 1 (or Book 3)
              Spoiler:
              Yoren, Qhorin
              unless I'm forgetting something.
              Tyrian is still kicking too.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeH View Post
                Who is a 'good guy' in it anyway?
                Brienne.

No-one else, really.

Comment

• Although having said that she'll probably commit genocide in the next book if she still lives.

Comment

• Yes, Brienne is completely blameless as a major character. I was going to say Bran, but he's actually did something pretty awful. Jon is a stand-up guy, can't think of anything truly bad that he has done.

Oh, duh. Mother****ing Ser Davos Seaworth, Hand to the King. The moral center of the books after the departure of Ned.

Comment

• Oh yeah, Davos. Top man. I was more furious when he 'died' than I was about the red wedding, but fortunately GRRM was only winding us up.

Jon - not quite. He tried to abandon The Watch on an emotive family matter and has/had the Stark traits (whatever his true DNA) of taking his eye off the ball and making stupid decisions that ultimately do harm - like Ned. Obviously Ned was a great guy but hey - you discover the secret of a treacherous and highly dangerous enemy and what do you do? Tell them what you know and what what you intend to do about it. Result - catastrophic war (obviously the Lannisters and the appalling Catelyn bear their responsibilities for this too).

Comment

• Jon may have made some bad decisions, but none of them actively "evil". The same can not be said for the other Stark kids, however well-intentioned they may have been.

Comment

• What did Bran do again?

And Rickon? What did Rickon do?
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Bran possessed Hodor, scaring the everloving bejeesus out of the poor ****er. Granted, not as bad as Arya becoming an assassin, or Sansa lying about Arya to Robert.

Rickon is not a main character.

Comment

• Didn't Sansa set up her fathers death? I think that beyond trying ot flee the watch mid way through book 1, I don't think what Jon did, did harm in an evil manner. Especially in aDwD, I don't think anything he did was evil.
                              You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

• Sansa wasn't deliberately trying to kill her father. She was just stupid.

And I don't think Bran possessing Hodor was evil.

Comment

Working...
                                X