A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've already seen it. Twice.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Spoiler:
      Watching the wall fall was awesome

Spoiler:
      Just kidding. I've not seen it or read the plot - so this may or may not have been in the leaks
      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• Don't read Dauphin's post if you don't want the next episode spoiled bigly.
        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Winter is Trumping!
          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• Those must be some awfully fast ravens.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Yeah, that was ridiculous. Skipping over time that doesn't matter is one thing; pretending time doesn't exist during a time-sensitive crisis is quite another.
              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• I couldn't agree more. It's right up there with men refusing to wear hats when they were born in the north and should know better and then complaining about freezing. .
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I agree ... timing this season is very strange.
                  Spoiler:

Nevertheless ... a few very funny dialogues this episode
                  And a nice battle between Dany an he WWs (and their undead).

And now the WWs have their Ice Dragon.
                  Guess at least the Night King is like the Nazgûl now ... after their upgrade of riding beasts
                  Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                  Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
                    I couldn't agree more. It's right up there with men refusing to wear hats when they were born in the north and should know better and then complaining about freezing. .
                    Real men refuse to wear hats, they stand up and certainly don't huddle up.

Hats is for red shirts.
                    The books that the world calls immoral are the books that show the world its own shame. Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• Jon Snow would look silly wearing a stocking cap.

Hair is not a substitute. The same goes for Dany. But her outfit was kickass.
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                        Yeah, that was ridiculous. Skipping over time that doesn't matter is one thing; pretending time doesn't exist during a time-sensitive crisis is quite another.
                        Hypersonic dragons make it from Dragonstone to *edited-out-for spoilerism* in no time

Spoiler:
                        I really like both Sansa and Arya, and don't want to see one of them getting killed as result of Baelish's intrigues. Otoh the conflict between the sisters brings a new dynamic into it all. The conventional outcome would be that they get aware of Littlefinger's game soon enough to take him out, and reunite in peace and happiness.

The more shocking thing would be if one of the sisters would have to die before they get him. If they take that route it's hard to imagine that Arya would get killed with her abilities, but you never know...

also:

RIP Thoros
                        Blah

Comment

• I totally agree, BeBro. And also agree with RAH about Daenerys' outfit. Well suited for what she had to do (and yes, I meant the pun).

Comment

• Originally posted by BeBro View Post

Hypersonic dragons make it from Dragonstone to *edited-out-for spoilerism* in no time

Spoiler:
                            I really like both Sansa and Arya, and don't want to see one of them getting killed as result of Baelish's intrigues. Otoh the conflict between the sisters brings a new dynamic into it all. The conventional outcome would be that they get aware of Littlefinger's game soon enough to take him out, and reunite in peace and happiness.

The more shocking thing would be if one of the sisters would have to die before they get him. If they take that route it's hard to imagine that Arya would get killed with her abilities, but you never know...

also:

RIP Thoros
                            Agree about the Starkettes. (And I don't know if we need spoilers after the episode has been broadcast world-wide, just to stop a certain poster's enthusiasm for referring to future episodes, perhaps)

Arya's superpowers are too interesting to get snuffed out now, and it would be a shame for them to be used against her sister.

Comment

• My only comment is:
                              Spoiler:
                              Tormund, when the wall fell

Comment

• Spoiler:

Cersei turned out to be the traitorous ***** we all love. I was already surprised that she agreed to Fight alongside Daenerys so quickly.
                                But "fortunately" it was just another scheme.
                                And obviously Jaime now has left her service .. I wonder if, in season 8, he will join Daenerys/Jons troops

The lady of Winterfell and her executioner
                                Last timte that Baelish made a mistake ... by underestimating the strength of the family bonds between Neds children

And finally, Jon and Dany have shared their bed ... and soon Jon will discover that he is Aegon and that he and Daenerys uphold the great Targaryen tradition of relatives sleeping together.
                                All hail Aegon and Daenerys Targaryen, the royal couple

The Ice dragon destroying the wall
                                So, Daenerys was instrumental to the estruction of the lands southern of the wall by delivering the tool for the destruction of the wall to the white walkers
                                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Working...
                                X