No announcement yet.

A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really starting to look forward to sunday.
    Almost done rewatching all the previous seasons.
    My daughter is going to visit for the weekend to watch it with me.
    (which is probably why I'm looking forward to it)
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
      Every time they've deviated from the books (except for the teleporting Ironborn, which was wtf not really because of the teleporting but because of how pointless it was) I think I've liked it better than the original.
      Dany's dragons being stolen was one of the worst storylines ever. And the House of the Undying was ridiculously lame in the show. Talisa over Jeyne was stupid as well.

Also, Jamie raping Cersei next to their dead son was horrendous.

Most of the changes the show has made has turned out like crap. They get lucky every once in a while, but without some foundation (ie, the books), they get silly very quickly.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• The Tywin/Arya scenes were good. Short-circuiting Brienne was probably good. Most of the other stuff has been awful.

Comment

• Only problem I had with Tywin/Arya scenes were that Tywin is kind of dumb in them. There is a girl serving him who obviously speaks with a highborn accent and can read and write. You'd think someone as intelligent as Tywin would at least realize she may be important as a hostage (or related to one of his liege lords).
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• He kept hinting about it but never really made the final connection. Yes surprising.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I already knew that Maisie Williams (Arya) went to the same secondary school as I did. Turns out that she went to the same Primary school as me too.

Clutton kids, bestriding the globe like Colossus, etc. Well, one of us is, anyway. If you knew what an odd little hillbilly backwater Clutton is, you'd understand.
              The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

• Looks like it's only 10 miles from Bristol.

Comment

• That's quite far enough to represent a step into barbarism.

Comment

• I guess your notion of distances is different across the pond.

Comment

• There's even less distance between Broadway and the Bronx.

Comment

• Broadway literally goes through the Bronx, unless you mean Times Square. But the Bronx isn't hillbilly land, it's just ghetto.

Comment

• You've obviously never been to the Bronx on the day of a Yankee game .

Comment

• Even when it's full of hooligans you'd still be a crazy person if you thought it was remote or out of the way.

In suburban Virginia, 10 miles is what I'd call "a trip to the shopping mall". I figure that it's exactly the same across the US. Hardly the difference between the sticks and the city.
                            If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                            ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• Only two days to go.
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• So the first 4 ep have been leaked. Anyone seen them? I haven't.
                                Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                                I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                                Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Working...
                                X