No announcement yet.

A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I find both Loras and Renly to be way worse in the show than the books. They're just "token gay" characters now whereas in the books the gayness was just a subtle thing and not a defining characteristic.

Comment

• What he said.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
        Ok, I watched the first three episodes yesterday and will watch the fourth today after work. So far it is quite a good season though it is true the series has broken free of the books and is now doing its own thing (at least 1/2 - 3/4th of the time). The thing is I can't say it is bad that the tv show is finally going it's own way because they are doing it well. They've eliminate most of the confusing subplots and instead crafted one main plot where they have begun to converge the many different story lines back down.

They do lose some of the richness by writing out so many characters but they really have done a good job of repurposing existing characters to fill another part thus avoiding introducing a new character.
        You don't have the slightest concept of what a spoiler is, do you Oerdin...!?

Boasting about how cool you are watching the first three episodes and from what you've said, I bet I can guess what they've done:

Spoiler:
        They've written out Aegon Targaryen, Victarion Greyjoy and Quentyn Martell, and are concentrating solely on Daenerys?

Thanks a lot, dickwad!
        "Aha, you must have supported the Iraq war and wear underpants made out of firearms, just like every other American!" Loinburger

Comment

• Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
          I find both Loras and Renly to be way worse in the show than the books. They're just "token gay" characters now whereas in the books the gayness was just a subtle thing and not a defining characteristic.
          It could be worse...they could have silly dogs that they put in dresses.

Comment

• Modius, you whiny sheep shagger, there are no spoilers in that post. All it says is that the tv show is now doing its own thing instead of following the books, that this is ok because it is well done, and that they have streamlined the plot lines in a good way. Where are these supposed plot spoilers, you turd burgler? Learn to read.

Also you have a strange definition of boasting because, as HC has previously pointed out, the first four episodes were leaked weeks ago and have been torrented by millions and are even available to watch via the normal streaming sites like tvlinks.cc. It is hardly a boast to say I did something millions did weeks before and which anyone with an Internet connection can do. Stop being a luddite and you can watch them too.

Comment

I find both Loras and Renly to be way worse in the show than the books. They're just "token gay" characters now whereas in the books the gayness was just a subtle thing and not a defining characteristic.
              Srsly. Loras in the books was a bad ass with a metal sword, where as in the show it appears he's only a bad ass with his pork sword.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                Modius, you whiny sheep shagger, there are no spoilers in that post. All it says is that the tv show is now doing its own thing instead of following the books, that this is ok because it is well done, and that they have streamlined the plot lines in a good way. Where are these supposed plot spoilers, you turd burgler? Learn to read.

Also you have a strange definition of boasting because, as HC has previously pointed out, the first four episodes were leaked weeks ago and have been torrented by millions and are even available to watch via the normal streaming sites like tvlinks.cc. It is hardly a boast to say I did something millions did weeks before and which anyone with an Internet connection can do. Stop being a luddite and you can watch them too.
                Was I correct in my assumption? You know, the assumption that you have to click on because I used spoiler tags...

Well?

If the answer is yes, then it is you that is to blame for giving things away. That's the point, I do know how to read - and spell too!

Yes well, apologies if I think watching illegal downloads is basically an ass move - even if millions of other people did it too.
                "Aha, you must have supported the Iraq war and wear underpants made out of firearms, just like every other American!" Loinburger

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                  Srsly. Loras in the books was a bad ass with a metal sword, where as in the show it appears he's only a bad ass with his pork sword.
                  Why is it that religious people are so homophobic?

Big deal. Can't women and gays get a bit of eye candy too?

Comment

• That sound would be the point whooshing by way over your head.
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Sorry, I'm in an argumentative mood today

Comment

• Oh God... I read a spoiler from the leaked 4 eps of this season where the showrunners depart from the books in a really (IMO) stupid ass way

Spoiler:
                        Apparently Sansa is being taken to Winterfell, where she'll be engaged to the Bastard of Bolton - you know, the son of the guy who betrayed her brother. Are we to believe that Sansa has become some stone cold Littlefinger? In the books, she learns how to be cunning, but she is stops shy of being as cold as Littlefinger - which seems much more accurate. I couldn't really see Sansa pulling a Littlefinger and marrying someone just so she could kill him - where exactly is the character development for that in the show?

Comment

• Originally posted by I AM MOBIUS View Post
                          Was I correct in my assumption? You know, the assumption that you have to click on because I used spoiler tags...

Well?

If the answer is yes, then it is you that is to blame for giving things away. That's the point, I do know how to read - and spell too!

Yes well, apologies if I think watching illegal downloads is basically an ass move - even if millions of other people did it too.
                          I will ask you again to tell us all what you think was a plot spoiler in that post, you brain addled ****. There was not even a discussion of the plot in that post other than to say the show is going it's own way from the books and that it isn't a bad thing.

Just admit that you were wrong, that you flapped your gums without checking the facts, and that you were, once again, being a pompous jerk untethered from reality. I will graciously accept your apology even though I suspect you are doomed to repeat the same mistake again in the future..

Comment

• Dude, my spoiler is a logical series of guesses directly gleaned from your post - tell me it's wrong and I'll happily apologise.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                              Yeah, in the books he's a cool knight who happens to be gay (motivating him in part to join the Kingsguard). And the gayness isn't like, "have I mentioned I'm gay today?" You might just miss it on the first read-through.

Comment

Yeah, in the books he's a cool knight who happens to be gay (motivating him in part to join the Kingsguard). And the gayness isn't like, "have I mentioned I'm gay today?" You might just miss it on the first read-through.
                                well, you might. I'm reasonably sure it was fairly obvious to the rest of us.
                                I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                                [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Working...
                                X