No announcement yet.

A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Explain it because it isn't possible to get a plot spoiler just from saying the tv show is going it's own way from the book series but that it is well done and possibly even an improvement.

You are taking after Sister Bendy with this just admit you were wrong and no spoilers were hinted at much less revealed.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by self biased View Post
      well, you might. I'm reasonably sure it was fairly obvious to the rest of us.
      Just as it is fairly obvious that the Blackfish is also gay.
      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Watched through the four leaked episodes (am already paying for the damn show on Korean cable but I'm not going to wait weeks longer than the rest of you to watch it with censorship mosaics all over the place) and it's interesting to see the production values continuing to climb from the first season (remember King Robert's low budget hunt and the battle that got cut for a drinking game because it cost too much?) or the second one (when Blackwater ate all of the budget).

For quality aside from "wow, they've really got a budget now" it's same as it ever was as far as I can tell. Good acting, plenty of fun scenes, nudity shoehorned in every time they could although not anywhere near as ridiculous as Season 1's constant sexposition (but compared to previous seasons a lot more extraneous fight scenes added in here and there), stripping away any subtlety the books have, etc. etc.

Really liked how they adapted my favorite Dance storyline for TV. Ties up so many loose ends. Really should've seen that coming. Very obvious in retrospect.

Some bits seem a bit rushed though, what with how many pages they get through this season. Some bits I liked from the books still happened but with a lot of the "why" cut out or really oversimplified, especially one bit that really left me scratching my head when the "why" that was provided in the books was referenced in the preceding scene and then didn't get mentioned. Strange.
        Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

• I wish people wouldn't post stuff about the leaked episodes. :-( Looks like I'll have to avoid this thread for a month. Shame really, as it's about the only subject I visit this place for.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
            Explain it because it isn't possible to get a plot spoiler just from saying the tv show is going it's own way from the book series but that it is well done and possibly even an improvement.

You are taking after Sister Bendy with this just admit you were wrong and no spoilers were hinted at much less revealed.
            FYI the sister bendy thing is pathetic kindergarten playground **** when everyone does it, not just when molly does it.

But yeah I don't think your post was too spoilery.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
              Sure, but they don't have him shaving mens hairy chests or sucking dicks every other appearance.
              If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
              ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• To be fair, Loras first appeared on the show defeating the Mountain in a joust. And then also finishing second to Brienne in Renly's melee.

Dude has been showed to be a more-than-capable warrior.
                "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                  Explain it because it isn't possible to get a plot spoiler just from saying the tv show is going it's own way from the book series but that it is well done and possibly even an improvement.
                  Look, we all know you're not very clever, so I can understand why you might have thought you didn't need spoiler tags...

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                  Ok, I watched the first three episodes yesterday and will watch the fourth today after work... It is true the series has broken free of the books and is now doing its own thing (at least 1/2 - 3/4th of the time). The thing is I can't say it is bad that the tv show is finally going it's own way because they are doing it well. They've eliminate most of the confusing subplots and instead crafted one main plot where they have begun to converge the many different story lines back down.
                  So, you've said that the show has gone massively off reservation and making at least half of the show up, and considering that much of the action is happening in Essos now, I can logically infer the following:

Spoiler:
                  They've written out the parallel Targaryen plot; there is no Iron Fleet coming to Slaver's Bay, and **** Quentyn Martell too.

Cos **** the 'confusing (to you) subplots' when you can 'converge the many different story lines' into 'one main plot':

Spoiler:
                  Daenerys

Amirite!? Because if I am, it is because of your ****ing nitwit spoiler...

Because:

They do lose some of the richness by writing out so many characters but they really have done a good job of repurposing existing characters to fill another part thus avoiding introducing a new character.
                  Which would be translated into:

Spoiler:
                  No Victarion, no Quentyn and most definitely no Young Griff!

AMIRITE!!?

The thing that pisses me off most is that you have been specifically warned in the past about your spoilers, and yet you still blunder about like a complete knob jockey!

But if I am wrong, just say so, and I'll apologise...

PS: the above post is a lesson in how to use spoiler tags.
                  "Aha, you must have supported the Iraq war and wear underpants made out of firearms, just like every other American!" Loinburger

Comment

• Oh hello. A spectacular u-turn away from cockblocking for Ann Boleyn there.

And an actual piece of plot for Surgery Marmot that isn't explaining stuff or looking sexually frustrated.
                    The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                      Just because he spurned one marriage and decided to remain single? Ok, I guess that is one theory. Another one was that he was in love with the same woman as his brother Hoster (The Whent girl who Hoster married) which lead to the fall out between the two brothers.
                      Last edited by Dinner; April 28, 2015, 08:40.

Comment

• So, so far one of your spoilers has come to pass...
                        "Aha, you must have supported the Iraq war and wear underpants made out of firearms, just like every other American!" Loinburger

Comment

• I have not seen any spoilers much less one which has come to pass. We were talking about stuff which happened 40 years before the books or show started and if it means Brendon "Blackfish" Tully is gay or not.

Comment

• I'm talking about your spoiler which allowed me to correctly deduce that:

Spoiler:
                            Aegon Targaryen has been written out of the TV series - look Tyrion gets to Volantis all by himself!

So, yes, thanks for that Oerdin!

Comment

• I have no idea if it's true to the books or not, but that whole "Oooooooo, if you want to join our super Ninja secret order you have to be refused entry and left on the doorstep for days, before being admitted to sweep the floor, and question your lack of fighty training in order to receive suitably enigmatic responses, young Grasshopper!" thing is one of the biggest cliches in popular culture of the last 50 years. If they dick up the (so far, excellent) Arya arc with that tired old tripe I will be sorely vexed.

Comment

• £10 says the next episode sees Arya waxing a car.

Comment

Working...
                                X