No announcement yet.

Philly says Boy Scouts have to accept gays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not answering the question because it's completely irrelevant. The scouts never owned the land, so you can't expropriate from them.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

If the government let me rent land for $1/year when the market value is a couple hundred thousand times greater than that, that is a subsidy.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Answer the damn question, Asher.

In this hypothetical example, would the compensation you received from the government be considered a subsidy?
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post

In this hypothetical example, would the compensation you received from the government be considered a subsidy?
          The subsidy is giving you access to the land WELL below market value. That is a subsidy -- PERIOD. No matter what else you may concoct to surround the situation, IT DOES NOT CHANGE THAT FACT.

Comment

The subsidy is giving you access to the land WELL below market value. That is a subsidy -- PERIOD. No matter what else you may concoct to surround the situation, IT DOES NOT CHANGE THAT FACT.

If the government were to expropriate your apartment, sell it to someone else, and gave you a cheque in the mail, would the cheque be considered a subsidy?

Yes or no, Asher.

Simple question.

I'll keep cutting and pasting this till you answer.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Good, because I just reported you for spamming.

I'll ask you a question first, one that is just as relevant as yours:

If you were raped by a priest, would you prefer he sodomize you with a splintery broomstick, the priest's penis, or a scalding hot rod?

Comment

If the government were to expropriate your apartment, sell it to someone else, and gave you a cheque in the mail, would the cheque be considered a subsidy?

Yes or no, Asher.

Simple question.

Comment

Answer the damn question.

If you were raped by a priest, would you prefer he sodomize you with a splintery broomstick, the priest's penis, or a scalding hot rod?

Simple question.

Comment

Here's a simpler question for you.

You see a priest raping a little boy, do you have a blue hat on? Yes or no.

Simple question.

Comment

• How does the check (what the **** is a cheque) relate to the market value of the home?
                      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Let Ben answer the questions, please.

Comment

• Please. Ben doesn't answer questions.
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Sounds like an attorney giving advice to his client.
                            "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Ben, if I rent land from you and build a permanent improvement, say a house, on that land, to whom does that house belong?

Until you answer that question, you have failed to show that the Scouts are due compensation for the building.

Also:
                              This is the other argument. This law contradicts freedom of association. If the scouts were to take the law up to the supremes, it would get curbstomped.
                              No. Just ****ing no. Again, your freedom of association is not violated when the government decides to stop giving you special, beneficial treatment based on your choice of association.
                              Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post

What would be the difference in the quality of your repeated cut-and-paste posts compared to original posts you make?
                                A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Working...
                                X