No announcement yet.

Soft drinks thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm glad that Ozzy is responsible. He should be as a youth rights advocate.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Soft drinks? Is that what we're talking about?

I have several strong cups of coffee every day. Other than that, usually orange juice at hom, but honestly, not that often. Water when I'm at the gym. I rarely have carbonated soft drinks except on long drives - Coke or Pepsi, unless I get lucky and find Lipton Brisk when I gas up.

I believe God gave us the gift of caffeine for a reason.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

How can you drink constructively?
        Don't get plastered. It's not exactly hard.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Ben is clearly a godless hedonist (ie- a Catholic; not a shocker considering they use alcohol as part of their mass and they pray to saints and Mary as if they're God)
          Jesus' first miracle was making extra good wine.

Clearly if it was bad for us, Jesus wouldn't have made his blood wine so that we could drink it.

As for Mary, the only difference is that we believe she's alive, and in heaven, while you believe that she's dead. That's why we can talk to her and she will pray for us, while she doesn't pray for protestants.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Cheerwine

But in all honesty if given the choice between soda and sweet tea I go with sweet tea every time. And everyone serves sweet tea here.
            "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
              Jesus' first miracle was making extra good wine.

Clearly if it was bad for us, Jesus wouldn't have made his blood wine so that we could drink it.

As for Mary, the only difference is that we believe she's alive, and in heaven, while you believe that she's dead. That's why we can talk to her and she will pray for us, while she doesn't pray for protestants.
              Umm... what if your gospel is wrong on that? Or what if Jesus sinned?

Verse 5:90-91 of the Qur'an:

O ye who believe! Strong drink and games of chance and idols and divining arrows are only an infamy of Satan's handiwork. Leave it aside in order that ye may succeed. (90) Satan seeketh only to cast among you enmity and hatred by means of strong drink and games of chance, and to turn you from remembrance of Allah and from (His) worship. Will ye then have done?
              According to Islam, alcohol is haraam. If Jesus consumed wine, he sinned.

You're saying wine must be okay because of transubstantiation. How is your opinion on it any more valid that a Muslim's view that alcohol is forbidden?

In the absence of clarity on this issue, wouldn't it be wiser to just not chance it and not consume alcohol?
              Last edited by Al B. Sure!; June 10, 2010, 21:36.
              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Umm... what if your gospel is wrong on that? Or what if Jesus sinned?
                Jesus's first miracle was at Cana, and he turned water into wine. Why would he do this if drinking wine were sinful?

According to Islam, alcohol is haraam. If Jesus consumed wine, he sinned.
                Islam is wrong. Simple as that.

You're saying wine must be okay because of transubstantiation.
                I'm saying that Christ, at the last supper, explicitly told the disciples to drink of his blood, in which the new and everlasting covenant had been written.

He chose to make himself present in both the bread and the wine.

How is your opinion on it any more valid that a Muslim's view that alcohol is forbidden?
                It's not my opinion. How is the Koran, which was written six centuries after the Bible be a more accurate source of his life and teachings?

In the absence of clarity on this issue, wouldn't it be wiser to just not chance it and not consume alcohol?
                I believe that Christ is perfectly clear on this issue. Christians without issues surrounding drunkenness are perfectly permitted to consume wine. Christians may or may not choose to be absteminous. There are plenty of Christians who do not drink at all, as is their custom, and others who do. This is Christian freedom.

Comment

How did soft drinks get turned into yet another religious debate? No, Jesus had no preference between Coke and Pepsi.
                  I'm pretty sure Muhammad didn't either.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

C'mon, Sloww... you know Jesus would have been a Coke Zero drinker
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Probably, but that's not my main point.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Buddha likes coke

Comment

And anyway, it's pretty obvious what Muhammad would've drank...

Comment

Goddammit, Speer, you've actually brought Ben around to a valid point. I'm an atheist, but even I have to admit that Jesus >>>>>>> Muhammad when it comes to beverage choice. Maybe if the prophet had experienced a good microbrew, we wouldn't have half the trouble we do today.
                            Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Soft drink (also referred to as soda, pop, soda pop or fizzy drink) is a drink that typically contains no alcohol, though may contain small amounts( typically less than 0.5% by volume) and is usually referred to as a sugary drink. Soft drinks are often carbonated and commonly consumed while chilled or at room temperature. Some of the most common soft drinks include cola, flavored water, sparkling water, iced tea, sweet tea, sparkling lemonade (or other lemon-lime soft drinks), squash, fruit punch, root beer, orange soda, grape soda, cream soda, and ginger ale.

Comment

What the...?
                                The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Working...
                                X