Soft drinks thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soft drinks thread.

Wikipedia tells us Coca-Cola is the soft drink market leader in most countries.
    Pepsi is usually second to Coke in sales, but outsells Coca-Cola in some markets. Around the world, some local brands compete with Coke. In South and Central America Kola Real, known as Big Cola in Mexico, is a fast-growing competitor to Coca-Cola. On the French island of Corsica, Corsica Cola, made by brewers of the local Pietra beer, is a growing competitor to Coca-Cola. In the French region of Brittany, Breizh Cola is available. In Peru, Inca Kola outsells Coca-Cola, which led The Coca-Cola Company to purchase the brand in 1999. In Sweden, Julmust outsells Coca-Cola during the Christmas season.[61] In Scotland, the locally produced Irn-Bru was more popular than Coca-Cola until 2005, when Coca-Cola and Diet Coke began to outpace its sales. In India, Coca-Cola ranked third behind the leader, Pepsi-Cola, and local drink Thums Up. The Coca-Cola Company purchased Thums Up in 1993.[63] As of 2004, Coca-Cola held a 60.9% market-share in India. Tropicola, a domestic drink, is served in Cuba instead of Coca-Cola, due to a United States embargo. French brand Mecca Cola and British brand Qibla Cola, popular in the Middle East, are competitors to Coca-Cola. In Turkey, Cola Turka is a major competitor to Coca-Cola. In Iran and many countries of Middle East, Zam Zam Cola and Parsi Cola are major competitors to Coca-Cola. In some parts of China Future cola is a competitor. In Slovenia, the locally produced Cockta is a major competitor to Coca-Cola, as is the inexpensive Mercator Cola, which is sold only in the country's biggest supermarket chain, Mercator. In Israel, RC Cola is an inexpensive competitor. Classiko Cola, made by Tiko Group, the largest manufacturing company in Madagascar , is a serious competitor to Coca-Cola in many regions. Laranjada is the top-selling soft drink on the Portuguese island of Madeira. Coca-Cola has stated that Pepsi was not its main rival in the UK, but rather Robinsons drinks.

Peru
    Sweden
    Scotchland
    You could've heard of kvas. It's an Eastern Slavic drink made from fermented rye bread. It's experiencing a real revival here in Russia, with sales growing every summer. It quenches your thirst much better than cola and isn't as sweet.
    Both Coca-Cola and PepsiCo have started producing their own kvas, so they are treating this situation seriously. I wonder if kvas consumption will overtake cola consumption in Russia.
    So, are there any drinks specific to your country or the cultural region it belongs to, and how do they fare against American fizzy drinks?
    Graffiti in a public toilet
    Do not require skill or wit
    Among the **** we all are poets
    Among the poets we are ****.

I've heard that soft drink Kinnie from Malta is supposed to be pretty darn good but instead of being sweet it has a strong citrus flavor.

Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

soda
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

The only soda I have in my fridge at home is Diet Coke.

Comment

Doesn't Bolivia have a soda made using real cocaine?

Edit: Yep, but they're getting their pants sued off by Coke because they're basically trying to steal Coke's trade marks. They call it Coca Colla and it comes in a red can with a white stripe down the side just like Coke.

• Bolivian president approves Coca-based dark soft drink • Coca-Cola company yet to comment on red-labelled beverage

Comment

"Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

I like Big Red, sadly doesn't sell up here.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Quattro!

RIP
                Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

I'll have a Diet Mountain Dew or Coke Zero, please.
                  A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by onodera View Post
                    Peru
                    Sweden
                    Scotchland
                    You could've heard of kvas. It's an Eastern Slavic drink made from fermented rye bread. It's experiencing a real revival here in Russia, with sales growing every summer. It quenches your thirst much better than cola and isn't as sweet.
                    Both Coca-Cola and PepsiCo have started producing their own kvas, so they are treating this situation seriously. I wonder if kvas consumption will overtake cola consumption in Russia.
                    So, are there any drinks specific to your country or the cultural region it belongs to, and how do they fare against American fizzy drinks?
                    Does kvas contain alcohol, since it has fermented?

Do you Ruskis have any drink that does not?

Comment

I see Inca Kola a lot around here too.
                      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by VetLegion View Post
                        Does kvas contain alcohol, since it has fermented?
                        That would explain why Russians are drinking it. They are the folks who try to drink shoe polish after all.

Comment

BTW what's all this diet and zero ****? Are you lot all pussies!!?

I bet you pansies all drink your coffee caffeine free and are teetotal...
                          Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Pepsi is too sweet. Dr Pepper is big here.
                            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Dr Pepper is the best by a long shot

SlowwHand
                              If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                              ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Working...
                              X