Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

People who pursue a career which fulfills them personally...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I make $2500 every two weeks telling others to do what I used to do.
    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
      I make $700 every two weeks by regularly telling the State of Maryland that I'm looking for a job. Beat that.

Dirty bastard. Will the state of Maryland give me any money while I'm looking for a new job?
      Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
      I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

• I make $7000 dollars a day moderating you lot.
        Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
        Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
        We've got both kinds

Comment

• i doubt poly could afford to pay you 7c a day
          "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

• Since when does this board have moderators?

- Since forever. MikeH
            Last edited by MikeH; April 16, 2010, 10:24.
            If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
            ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• owned

Comment

• lol
                12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                Killing it is the new killing it
                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

• I don't want authority, but I want that Jedi magic.
                    Everybody knows...Democracy...One of Us Cannot be Wrong...War...Fanatics

Comment

• - Since forever. MikeH

Take that, newb.
                      KH FOR OWNER!
                      ASHER FOR CEO!!
                      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
                        People who pursue the highest-paying career are to be lauded for their selflessness.
                        +

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
                        People are overly optimistic, so yes.
                        =
                        Attached Files

Comment

• CAN you hear me now? Good. How about now that I’ve sold my apartment? Let’s hope so!
                          Enlarge This Image

Verizon Wireless
                          Paul Marcarelli has been able to find Verizon service wherever he goes since 2002.
                          Paul Marcarelli, the horn-rimmed pitchman for Verizon Wireless who asks, “Can you hear me now?”, has just sold a two-bedroom apartment in Greenwich Village for $1.255 million.

The apartment is on the second floor of 41 Fifth Avenue, designed in the 1920s by Rosario Candela, the architect of 740 Park Avenue and other elegant buildings.

Mr. Marcarelli’s apartment had two bedrooms, one bathroom and three exposures.

Public records show that he bought it in 2006 for $1.19 million. He first listed it for sale in July of last year at $1.425 million.

The listing agent, Laurie Silverman of Halstead Property, declined to comment. As did Verizon Wireless. And Mr. Marcarelli himself. (Hope it’s not because he’s switched to AT&T.)

Mr. Marcarelli has been Verizon’s “test man” since 2002. He is a founding member of a theater company as well as a film production company, Table Ten Films.
                          Former "starving artist"
                          "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
                          ^ The Poly equivalent of:
                          "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                            I make $700 every two weeks by regularly telling the State of Maryland that I'm looking for a job. Beat that.

You're welcome for getting you fired.

Comment

• KH doesn't have me fooled. He's still far too Canadian to actually be one of the good guys.
                              Actually, I'm probably more Canadian than he is at this point.

Maybe it's you who is the filthy NYC commie.
                              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Asher,

Wow, can't believe this thread is so popular!

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                                I would go to the hospital because I love them. I don't consider missing a ****ing golf game to be "sacrificing myself".
                                Of course it's sacrificing yourself. How else would you define the word?
                                Relationships are about compromise also (I ranted about this a few weeks ago), which also isn't "sacrificing myself".
                                Yes, it is. How could you possibly compromise without sacrificing something?
                                The problem here is simple...you've no idea what I'm talking about. I'm not saying people are selfish in that the ONLY THING THEY CARE ABOUT IS THEMSELVES.
                                Ok, problem with another term. Do I need to tell you what selfish means? Let's use words how they are intended to be used, and we won't have these problems.
                                Obviously such a person cannot be in a successful relationship. But the opposite is also true: IF ALL YOU CARE ABOUT IS MAKING SOMEONE ELSE HAPPY, that is not a healthy relationship. You need more self-worth, self-respect, and a desire to make yourself happy, too.
                                I think that you value your self-worth by how selfish you are. I'm I anywhere in the ball park here? Your self-worth doesn't change because you do something for yourself. If anything you are more valuable because you do things for other people.
                                I've seen a lot of relationships deteriorate rapidly because both people just focused on making eachother happy. Which never works, because they both end up being unhappy in their quests to make eachother happy.

I do try to make my partner happy, but there are lines and limits. At some point my own happiness factors in to. Yes, that's selfish, but it's actually the most healthy thing to do.
                                Can't you trust him for your own happiness? If he loves you he will make you happy. You don't have to worry abou it. If you're worried about your self-worth all the time then you don't really trust him.
                                I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                                - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Working...
                                X