No announcement yet.

Britain versus The Pope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope the Catholic church is equally zealous about not employing fornicators
    I know you are putting this out to be facetious, but you are aware that they will ask you questions along these lines.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Another part of natural law is "don't deny people work because of pointless **** that is completely irrelevant to their capacity to do the work."
      The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
        That's an awesome quote.

So Sharia is right?
        Only a flamingly gay Catholic terrorist could ask such a pointless question
        RoboCon v2.1.1

Comment

How about, "employees conduct shall reflect the values of their organisation?"

Edit, to Laz. Damn Robocon. Get off my lawn!
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

How about "employer's conduct shall reflect the law of the land" Ben?

Comment

So if the law of the land is sharia, that makes the law right? The law is an ass.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                So if the law of the land is sharia, that makes the law right? The law is an ass.
                Of course not, the Bible is the Word of God, not the Koran. When Muslims kill gays they're doing it for the wrong reasons
                RoboCon v2.1.1

Comment

Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny View Post
                  Another part of natural law is "don't deny people work because of pointless **** that is completely irrelevant to their capacity to do the work."
                  No, that's not natural law at all. If anything natural law says that you can't force somebody to hire an employee that they don't want. It's an imposition on their rights and a form of racketeering.
                  John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

There is no such thing as 'natural law'. Other than the laws of physics. The idea that there is some 'natural law' that people invoke to suit their own opinions is an abomination.

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro View Post
                      Don't let the Pope's visit Britain! Remember, not invaded since 1066!
                      Don't get all pissy b/c you guys couldn't pull it off.
                      I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                      I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

We learnt from our mistakes and send our invaders disguised as popes now!
                        Blah

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus View Post
                          There is no such thing as 'natural law'. Other than the laws of physics. The idea that there is some 'natural law' that people invoke to suit their own opinions is an abomination.
                          It's not an abomination, it's just prejudice mislabeled as rationality.
                          John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Felch View Post
                            No, that's not natural law at all. If anything natural law says that you can't force somebody to hire an employee that they don't want. It's an imposition on their rights and a form of racketeering.

Quote the relevant section, sub-section and clause so that we can identify which part of your arse you pulled that out of.

Comment

There are several options open to the Papists-

1- Sub-contract all the secular roles so they aren't directly employing them. That might appease the relevant deity.

2- Shut down their secular operations. Market forces will replace the essential ones.

3- Ordain a lot more priests to act as secretaries, etc.

Comment

What jobs are at issue?

Work at publicly funded, church run community services?

Work in church offices entirely funded by the church and its parishoners?
                                (\__/)
                                (='.'=)
                                (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Working...
                                X