No announcement yet.

Kennedy's seat to turn Republican

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's like the Dems went out of their way to pick the worst possible candidate who could not be declared legally dead, short of a convicted kiddie ****er.

I mean, Jesus, whose bright idea was this? Whoever it is deserves a thorough and vigorous ball-kicking ten times a day for the next five years.

You gotta be ****ing ****ting me.
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
      It's like the Dems went out of their way to pick the worst possible candidate who could not be declared legally dead, short of a convicted kiddie ****er.

I mean, Jesus, whose bright idea was this? Whoever it is deserves a thorough and vigorous ball-kicking ten times a day for the next five years.

Like somebody already said, she's clearly a "plant."

All of a sudden zakuHL doesn't sound all that far off...
      Unbelievable!

Comment

• too bad Schilling wasn't running for the seat

Comment

• So, the next question is, how is Coakley going to be rewarded by the Democratic Party?

Comment

• Originally posted by Whoha View Post
            So, the next question is, how is Coakley going to be rewarded by the Democratic Party?

Other than casting blame? According to her she'll keep on working at the AG's office as before, so not that big of a loss.

A senior Democratic Party official responded furiously today to a memo from a Coakley adviser arguing that the national party bears a large share of blame for failing to support her financially and sticking her with unpopular policies on health care and Afghanistan.

The official writes:

This memo is a pack full of lies and fantasies — The DNC and the DSCC did everything they were asked and have been involved in the race for several weeks, not just the last one.

The campaign failed to recognize this threat, failed to keep Coakley on the campaign trail, failed to create a negative narrative about Brown, failed to stay on the air in December while he was running a brilliant campaign. It's wishful thinking from a pollster, candidate and campaign team that were caught napping and are going to allow one of the worst debacles in American political history to happen on their watch that they are at the 11th hour are going to blame others.

Before the DNC and DSCC got involved there was barely a single piece of paper on what the narrative is on Brown. The candidate in this race and the campaign have been involved in the worst case of political malpractice in memory and they aren't going to be able to spin themselves out of this with a memo full of lies.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmi...e.html?showall
            Unbelievable!

Comment

It's like the Dems went out of their way to pick the worst possible candidate who could not be declared legally dead, short of a convicted kiddie ****er.

This had a lot to do with infighting among the MA state party. Coakley got backed because she was from Western MA, and there was stupid idea that she would therefore appeal to the non-Boston crowd even though she was bland as could be. The other major Democratic primary candidate (can't recall his name) was an extremely popular pol from the eastern part of the state, and I don't think he'd ever lost an election and was re-elected by huge margins all the time.

I don't see how this changes the Senate picture much for the HCR bill. Does anyone have any doubt that Lieberman would have stabbed the Democrats in the back and not voted for cloture anyway? Hell, he's already been hinting at that today.
              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• 19 campaign appearances for Coakley vs. 66 for Brown. Way to want it.
                Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• You know, I had promised myself not to get angry about this sort of ****, that I would be more of a realist when it came to health care and government and politics, etc., but holy ****ing ****, I guess I overestimated my Buddha nature.

Everything about this situation, everyone from the top down on both sides of the aisle, makes me want to go out and punch orphans in the throat.

Comment

• Comment

• If the Democrats had the ball on their opponents 45-yard line, facing 4th and 1 with a tie score with 1:00 to go, they'd punt every time. The GOP would go for it.

The Democrats play not to lose. The GOP plays to win. Occasionally, that produces a can't-look-away-train-wreck like Palin. But more often than not, they win, simply because they have balls.

Comment

You know, I had promised myself not to get angry about this sort of ****, that I would be more of a realist when it came to health care and government and politics, etc., but holy ****ing ****, I guess I overestimated my Buddha nature.

Everything about this situation, everyone from the top down on both sides of the aisle, makes me want to go out and punch orphans in the throat.
                        I sometimes dream about a liberal party that is more financially moderate (healthcare reform with sanity), while taking a strong, pro-active stance on civil rights issues.

Alas, just a dream . . . .
                        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• Jon Stewart just eviscerated Keith Olbermann on The Daily Show.
                          KH FOR OWNER!
                          ASHER FOR CEO!!
                          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• For some dumb reason, I decided to take Drake off of my Ignore.
                            A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• link?

Comment

• You'll have to wait until the video clip hits the Intertubes.

edit: I'm not sure "eviscerated" is the right word for this. Watching it again, Stewart actually goes pretty easy on Olbermann while parodying his style...

edit 2:
                                The Daily Show With Jon StewartMon - Thurs 11p / 10c
                                Special Comment - Keith Olbermann's Name-Calling
                                www.thedailyshow.com
                                Daily Show
                                Full Episodes
                                Political HumorHealth Care Crisis
                                Last edited by Drake Tungsten; January 22, 2010, 19:15.
                                KH FOR OWNER!
                                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X