No announcement yet.

Kennedy's seat to turn Republican

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The compromise bill is simply the MA plan, but more fiscally conservative (excise tax, Medicare commission, pilot programs, etc.). Brown is doing a parochial version of the "keep government out of my Medicare" shtick that the national party has been riding.

It's ultimately proof that universal health care is untouchable anywhere it's enacted. Just as Canadian Conservatives can't demolish Medicare or British Tories the NHS, MA teabaggers can't attack a plan that insures 98% of residents. And that the Democrats are retarded for running away from this.
    "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
    -Bokonon

Comment

• Just as Canadian Conservatives can't demolish Medicare or British Tories the NHS, MA teabaggers can't attack a plan that insures 98% of residents
      What the hell?

We can and do rail against medicare. It's a crappy system.

We have fewer doctors, who are paid less and far less equipment than equivalent american communities.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Canadian conservatives are currently in power. How have they substantively tried to destroy Medicare?
        "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
        -Bokonon

Comment

• They are a minority. Your argument makes no sense. The Conservatives have stated that medicare reform is necessary, ie, privatisation. They have made moves to increase the privatisation, and make our system less reliant on public funds.

Again, you do not want our system, the only way our system functions is that people can get treatment in America rather than waiting forever up here.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramo View Post
            The compromise bill is simply the MA plan, but more fiscally conservative (excise tax, Medicare commission, pilot programs, etc.). Brown is doing a parochial version of the "keep government out of my Medicare" shtick that the national party has been riding.

It's ultimately proof that universal health care is untouchable anywhere it's enacted. Just as Canadian Conservatives can't demolish Medicare or British Tories the NHS, MA teabaggers can't attack a plan that insures 98% of residents. And that the Democrats are retarded for running away from this.
            A-****ing-MEN! The Dems are their own worst enemies.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
              It is more interesting that he supports universal health care in Massachusetts, but apparently opposes it nationwide.
              I see
              A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrFun View Post
                I see

Since when is that an inherently wrong or even a hypocritical point of view? Brandeis' "laboratories of democracy" conception of federalism dates back as far as the Framers and has some merit in the sense of encouraging competition instead of smothering innovation with one uniform standard that might be poorly planned. I'm not saying I necessarily agree in the case of healthcare, but it's by no means an invalid argument.
                Unbelievable!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramo View Post
                  It's ultimately proof that universal health care is untouchable anywhere it's enacted.
                  This is not an argument for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darius871 View Post
                    Since when is that an inherently wrong or even a hypocritical point of view? Brandeis' "laboratories of democracy" conception of federalism dates back as far as the Framers and has some merit in the sense of encouraging competition instead of smothering innovation with one uniform standard that might be poorly planned. I'm not saying I necessarily agree in the case of healthcare, but it's by no means an invalid argument.
                    I was reacting specifically in concern with health care not federalism in its entirety.

Comment

• The Republicans should be happy. The Democratic politicians are now running around attempting to commit suicide in mass by alienating their base. They won't get any new voters by doing this and they'll piss off their existing voters.
                      Last edited by Dinner; January 27, 2010, 00:42.

Comment

• The Republicans are ecstatic.

Comment

• As well they should be. The entire Democratic leadership should be hanged for gross stupidity and lack of balls.

Comment

• Some folks are still under the false impression the U.S. has an 'opposition' political party. We don't.

Comment

• Ah ha! That explains why so many Republicans and Democrats get along so well together! I mean look at all the bi-partisan legislation that has gotten passed over the years . . . .

wait, never mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kuciwalker View Post
                                This is not an argument for it.
                                It's an argument on the political merits.

I should add that specific frameworks can and do change, but universality is hard to roll back. For a recent example, the French system went through major changes in the 90's, IIRC.
                                -Bokonon

Comment

Working...
                                X