X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10 to 20 minutes depending on roads.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

My daily commute is about 50 minutes door to door. 7 minutes to get to the subway station, then a 35-mniute long ride, then 8 minutes to get to the office. Many people who work in Moscow don't live there, and they have it much worse.
      Graffiti in a public toilet
      Do not require skill or wit
      Among the **** we all are poets
      Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

at least Moscow has nice subway stations
        Monkey!!!

Comment

And abominable road network.
          Graffiti in a public toilet
          Do not require skill or wit
          Among the **** we all are poets
          Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

About thirty years ago I worked for a company where I had to drive into the city, which averaged about 50 - 60 minutes one way. After a few years of this I quit and found a job 5 minutes away and promised myself I'd never do that long commute again. This worked great for about 20 years. Whenever I had to change jobs I was able to find one less than 15 minutes away. Eventually the company that I worked for downtown moved to about 10 minutes away and offered me a lot of money to return. Which I was happy to do.

The company was bought by an international group that loved to drink so they moved us back into the city closer to the great bars. *sigh*
            When you're over 50 and make good money at a good job in this type of economy, you don't just get up and quit. So I now have a 50 minute train ride each way. I hate it. If I wasn't thinking of retiring soon, I might actually try to change jobs again.

The only good thing is that our offices are literally in the train station so I don't have to go outside upon arriving downtown.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

If they like to drink that much you should consider bringing a bottle with you on the ride in and getting soused. The train ride, the morning and most of the afternoon will just fly by...
              12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
              Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Killing it is the new killing it
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Counting the drive, parking and walking to my building, maybe 15 minutes.
                "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

It was pretty funny at first before they figured it out. They sponsored parties in the office with heavy drinking. When the international VP of HR quit and was replaced with one from the US, he had to explain to the CEO about the liability laws and some simple common sense. Needless to say, we don't have heavy drinking parties in the office anymore.

We had a conference in Cairo a few years back and they had an open bar after the day's activities were over. For 3 evenings the bar bill was 47,000 dollars. These guys really know how to drink.
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

DP
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
                      The company was bought by an international group that loved to drink
                      The British.
                      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Currently about 1000km
                        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Under a minute, and that includes time for the computer to boot up.
                          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

About 10 minutes. 20 if you include waiting for the car to heat up.
                            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
                              US really is that short? I know people who commute hours in the US (one way). I know very very few people who have less than a 20 minute commute. I am not sure I believe it.
                              I was a bit surprised it was shorter than elsewehre but believe its probably mainly due to the high incidence of personal auto usage as compared with some other countries

My commute is 15 to 35 minutes depending on time of day. Its 15 minutes at 6 am in my car while its usally 35 minutes or so in rush hour on a bus
                              You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Originally posted by VetLegion View Post
                                Depends on which part of Europe we're talking about. Northerners are more likely
                                to rent, so it makes sense to rent near the workplace. Southerners prefer to buy,
                                so they commute to wherever they have to afterwards.
                                BS. I seriously doubt that northerners rent more, and if they do, it's not directed by workplaces. Spouses rarely work in same areas up here.
                                With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Working...
                                X