No announcement yet.

How Long is Your Commoote?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was poor. . .er in those days. I had to live on the upper westside, too close to where Drake lived.
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
      Oh, DaShi: Do you know if you need a passport to get to Brooklyn? I have a couple of friends who live there.
      Yes, and you need to make sure that you've got all your vaccinations too.
      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

I was assuming. I actually wear a level IV biohazard suit whenever I cross the East River.

Speaking of water, I've noticed that on particularly clear days I can see what appears to be land across the Hudson. Does anybody know what's over there? Has anybody claimed that territory yet?
        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
        Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Killing it is the new killing it
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

In the summer when I can bike it's just under 6 minutes. I am walking now and it's around 20 minutes.
          Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

It's Injun country. You think they'd throw in the whole shebang for some glass beads?
            John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

You don't own a car? Honestly, I remember commuting using public transportation in Montreal in winter (for 11 years) and it ****ing sucked.
              Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I take about twenty minutes to get to and from work. I know this because I get out at four, and am usually home in time for 4:20.

Comment

Originally posted by Felch View Post
                  It's Injun country. You think they'd throw in the whole shebang for some glass beads?
                  Do you think the land would be suited for growing cotton? I often see African-looking fellows about town, and I bet they'd appreciate the chance to work on a plantation on unspoiled shores...
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Felch View Post
                    I take about twenty minutes to get to and from work. I know this because I get out at four, and am usually home in time for 4:20.
                    Priorities
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I was assuming. I actually wear a level IV biohazard suit whenever I cross the East River.

Speaking of water, I've noticed that on particularly clear days I can see what appears to be land across the Hudson. Does anybody know what's over there? Has anybody claimed that territory yet?
                      It's populated by mutants from what I've heard.
                      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

You don't own a car? Honestly, I remember commuting using public transportation in Montreal in winter (for 11 years) and it ****ing sucked.
                        Spending 11 years in Montreal would suck. What's that have to do with public transit though?

Comment

I spent 22 years in Montreal. I only commuted using public transportation for 11 of them. Montreal's got quite pleasant weather 8 months of the year and only mildly unpleasant for 2 months.

I still don't like to talk about the other 2.
                          Stadtluft Macht Frei
                          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

my commute is 15 - 20 minutes
                            A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

I went there for a French class field trip, and got stuck in a snow drift up to my chest. In April. It was fun, but only because of the novelty. If it were a regular occurrence, I'd probably get tired of it.

Comment

April snows are fun because:

1) The city is always unprepared for heavy snows later than mid-March, so it turns the streets into a nightmare
                                2) It's generally warm enough not to be unpleasant out
                                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Working...
                                X