No announcement yet.

Obama Wins 2009 Nobel Peace Prize

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Point out to me where any poster went through the reasons given by the Committee and showed why they were wrong.
    I did, twice.
    "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blaupanzer View Post
      If Nixon can get the prize for promising to bring peace to Viet Nam..
      No.

Kissinger won the 1973 prize, not Nixon.
      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• And he got it for negotiating with the 1973 Peace Agreement with Tho, not just for promising to bring peace.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Correct. It was jointly awarded.

A bad decision by the committee for the same reason the Obama one was. Based upon hopes rather than realities.
          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• At least there was an actual treaty to point to.
            "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blaupanzer View Post
              He promised to go after reducing the world's nuclear arsenals, bring about negotiation not threats, and end the war in Iraq. If Nixon can get the prize for promising to bring peace to Viet Nam, then Obama can get it for these promises. Note he promised all that and we elected him anyway.
              Correct, the prize should go to the American people.
              Last edited by DaShi; October 13, 2009, 16:30.
              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• DaShi wants his share of the money.

Comment

• Originally posted by DaShi View Post

Correct, the prize should go to the American people.
                  Actually I'd have to agree with that since the American People actually did something about it.
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I also want my chunk of the medal or trophy or whatever it is they are giving out now.
                    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Participation trophies.
                      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                        I foster international harmony and cooperation.
                        ...when we all unite against you.
                        1011 1100
                        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• Obama isn't a warmongering, fearmongering, fundamentalist bigot hijacked by corporate interests. For the US citizens to vote him is more than enough already
                          "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                          "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

• What it really shows is how worried some of the rest of the world were about us, and how much less worried they are now.

Whether they were right to be worried before, or right to be less worried now, is a different matter.

JM
                            Jon Miller-
                            I AM.CANADIAN
                            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• ...when we all unite against you.
                              Exactly! I'm a uniter not a divider.

I totally deserve a peace prize.
                              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Traianvs View Post
                                Obama isn't a warmongering, fearmongering, fundamentalist bigot hijacked by corporate interests.
                                Yeah he is. He and his team are just much better at PR than Bush and Co.

Comment

Working...
                                X