No announcement yet.

Christian Bigots Attack Elephant at Secular Institution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry Ben, but although I think you're a nice guy, I'm coming round to the opinion of most of the posters here that on topics of religion you won't let anyone else have any leeway and as such are worthless debating with.
    Hmm? Ok.

I don't see where I was referring to you specifically. I mentioned atheists as a group, and I don't think that's a very controversial statement.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

has retired from this thread.

[edit]Apart from the posts below, which are entirely OT[/edit]
      Last edited by duke o' york; September 25, 2009, 19:18.

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
        That would be ****ing awesome.

*begins scribbling*
        KH is going to establish the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Canadians. The Avro Arrow has to be in there somehow. Make it like a seraphim or something badass, that Alex Trebek sees in a vision after fighting a savage battle with Wolverine.
        John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

KH, can we have more sex scenes than the (original) Bible please?

Comment

I think they should have a Noah's Ark display at the zoo, where they explain how utterly ludicrous it is for anybody to put any stock into the Noah's Ark story.
            <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

What? Two of every animal, without any of them eating the other animals? What's ridiculous about that?

Comment

Originally posted by duke o' york View Post
                Would your friend even bother to defend the idiocy of the Canadian Concerning Christians?

Spineless KKK?
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)
                (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
                  The zoo even said they modeled it after Ganesh. It certainly looks like Ganesh to me. Are you denying a connection to the Hindu deity, Ganesh? Or are suggesting that Hinduism somehow doesn't count when trying to enforce secularism?

I don't have a problem with the statue, but I just think it is rather hypocritical that the folks who would be first to attack a statue of Jesus or Mary or something, get defensive when some Christians do the same thing.

I wonder if these kooks get in a similar huff when the Premier has his annual prayer breakfast.
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by duke o' york View Post
                    What? Two of every animal, without any of them eating the other animals? What's ridiculous about that?
                    God Did It

But, if we are willing to accept the possibility of the miraculous, some such solution is at least conceivable. The Flood as a whole was a stupendous, miraculous interference with the laws governing the entire universe; a temporary suspension of the laws governing the routine and habits of a select group of animals for one year is but an insignificant detail in comparison.
                    God has just flattened all of the mountains so that the amount of water present on earth would be sufficient to drown everybody - from there it's not too far a leap to say that all of the animals were simply put into suspended animation.
                    <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                      Yes, we all know how well a crucifix would go over.

I'm actually in support of this. I'm tired of Christians taking crap whenever they have a public display. I'm tired of people taking a dump on Christmas. So goodbye Ganesh!
                      The same said zoo has a massive Christmas light show every year.
                      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger View Post
                        I think they should have a Noah's Ark display at the zoo, where they explain how utterly ludicrous it is for anybody to put any stock into the Noah's Ark story.
                        Noah's Arc

"The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Ganesh usually depicted with, at minimum, four arms?
                          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

[Q=Asher;5682032]It's a stylized elephant, donated to the zoo, put in front of an elephant exhibit. [/Q] OK, how about this: tell me next time you see an elephant with human hands and feet. If they're going to have an elephant sculpture, make it an elephant and not an elephant-headed man that happens to look just like Ganesh.
                            (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                            (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                            (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

[Q=duke o' york;5682113]I haven't attacked Christianity in any way, nor its right to display its symbols as much as any other religion.
                              It is as valuable as any other religion, and as worthy of its representation as any other. Come up with an elephant saint, and Christians too can have a statue outside the elephant compound at the zoo.

Sorry Ben, but although I think you're a nice guy, I'm coming round to the opinion of most of the posters here that on topics of religion you won't let anyone else have any leeway and as such are worthless debating with.[/Q] Except that the secularists jump and holler anytime something vaguely Christian gets put up in public spaces at public expense. It isn't about how Christians should be tolerant (a separate matter), it is how intolerance for publicly funded religious display should be dispensed equally upon Ganesh.

To think that Christians should refrain from making the secularists eat crow, at every opportunity where their hypocrisy is exposed, is poppycock.
                              (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                              (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                              (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Whino.

Comment

Working...
                                X