No announcement yet.

Christian Bigots Attack Elephant at Secular Institution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We don't have seperation of Church and State. In fact, our ultimate head of state is the titular head of a Christian denomination. What we do have is a multi-cultural society, and some of the other cultures are finding their places in the sun. This upsets some narrow-minded religious reactionaries who feel that their one Dog is better than all the other mutts out there, and they are offended that they may be reminded that there are assorted people of different beliefs living in our midsts.

I don't care. I can go down to Vancouver where every other holiday is celebrated, but people whine and moan about 'winter holiday' and 'spring holiday' and will not use Easter or Christmas.

Don't cry for these tools who seek to piggyback their screed on awareness of issues South of the border. Christians in Canada are in no danger of being gassed, thrown to lions, or otherwise cleansed from our society even if the wing-nuts from the other extreme may find that an attractive idea.
    No, but they are thrown in jail, stripped of their teaching certificates, blacklisted and otherwise harrassed by the people who know better than us, the same folks that lecture us about how Canada is anything but white, or english canada. God forbid that this culture be recognised for their accomplishments too.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

So you're going to pretend my post wasn't there?

The sad thing is you said the EXACT same preposterous claim before (that the guy was taken to the HRC for quoting the bible), and you got shot down then as well. You are repeatedly claiming what you know to be a lie.

How do you justify that with your morals?
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Tell me all he was doing was preaching the bible.
        Yep, and it's good to see the antichristian bigots using the state to enforce their doctrines. Whatever happened to freedom of religion and speech.

You are morally bankrupt and have no place at this site.
        What's so objectionable about that speech? Seriously Asher. You're on the losing side here. When Islam calls out for Jihad and the execution of the infidels, what are you going to say? That it's an appropriate part of Canada's 'multicultural' heritage.

Look, I don't agree with what you believe, but I won't be calling down on the state to arrest you or imprison you for thoughts which I find objectionable. You see, despite claims to the contrary, I'm not the fascist here.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

I think you owe me an apology here for once again offensively misrepresenting my arguments. You truly do.
          Right, and it had nothing to do with you whining. Not a thing. Gee. I think I called it right the first time. If I complained about the pride parade, feel free to quote me. I'd consider it an accurate reflection of my opinion on the issue. I don't think I've misrepresented you, and why you used words like 'accosted', etc. Please. A very nice older man was outside passing out pamphlets, the same thing that happens everyday. Feel free to whine about it but don't boast about being 'tolerant' while you do so.

It is publicly funded, but the statue was not.
          Thank you. End of story. By your arguments the state should be wholly free of religious influences and this includes the Ganesh statue. You've got two arguments here. 1, that Christians have every right to have their public displays of religion in publicly funded places, or 2, that both the Ganesh statue and the Christian displays should be removed. Choose.

it was intended and is quite obviously a cultural piece and not one of religious indoctrination.
          Yadda, yadda, yadda. Hypocritical bull****.

If you guys did believe that, you wouldn't be protesting this.
          As Straybow is saying, we find it amusing that the anti-christian bigots are here *****ing once again about the Christians. Same old story.

What the flying ****? Seriously dude. Here I am defending the presence of a statue that some deem to be a religious idol in a public place, and here you are whining about its presence.
          You are saying 'it's a cultural icon not a religious icon.' You aren't defending a religious icon, so don't turn around and claim otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
            Yep, and it's good to see the antichristian bigots using the state to enforce their doctrines. Whatever happened to freedom of religion and speech.
            There was nothing religious about it. Please quote me a single sentence in that letter where he discusses the bible.

What's so objectionable about that speech? Seriously Asher.
            Yeah, what's objectionable about that speech? The fact that you cannot fathom why anyone would find anything objectionable about that speech is precisely why you are a hateful, close-minded bigot. You seriously should not be posting here. The admin must do something about you.

They certainly would never let someone who espouses blatantly racist beliefs on here, and if somebody was seriously defending a letter which says the same of black people as what it says about homosexuals, they'd be banned (and such people have been banned in the past for it).

You're on the losing side here.
            I'm on the losing side? In what possible way would that be?

In recent years, gay marriage has been legalized. Support for it only is increasing over time. Church attendance is down. Fewer people are identifying themselves as Christian. The HRC has ruled that letter already to be an example of hate speech. In every possible way, you and your ilk have lost or are losing.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

How do you justify that with your morals?
              How do you justify being the paragon of reason and tolerance and at the same time not being able to deal with Christians handing pamplets out? Seriously.

Comment

Right, and it had nothing to do with you whining. Not a thing. Gee. I think I called it right the first time. If I complained about the pride parade, feel free to quote me. I'd consider it an accurate reflection of my opinion on the issue. I don't think I've misrepresented you, and why you used words like 'accosted', etc. Please.
                I don't like it but I never said or even suggested that I think it should be banned, or that THESE PEOPLE SHOULD BE EXECUTED as you claimed I said.

You grossly misrepresented me. AGAIN. To an offensive extreme.

You have a habit of gross libel and slander and something will be done about it from the administration, I can guarantee you that. It's become too absurd to ignore.

Yadda, yadda, yadda. Hypocritical bull****.
                That really does sum up your post. Thanks, saves me time detailing why.

Comment

How do you justify being the paragon of reason and tolerance and at the same time not being able to deal with Christians handing pamplets out? Seriously.
                  You are such a ****ing scumbag liar that it really is unbelievable.

Where the **** did I ever say I could not deal with Christians handing pamphlets out? I NEVER DID. In fact, I EXPLICITLY SAID I SUPPORT ALLOWING THEM TO DO SO.

I don't like it, but I can deal with it and I support their freedom to express their religion.

You owe me several apologies for your constant offensive characterizations of my arguments. And I'm being completely serious. A true Christian would not do the things that you do, and if they inadvertently did they would apologize for it.

Comment

There was nothing religious about it. Please quote me a single sentence in that letter where he discusses the bible.
                    Ok, let's get this straight here. You are on record supporting the censorship, and arrest of anyone who posted Boissoin's letter in the effort to distribute and inform, provided they agree with what he said. Correct, or incorrect. You do not feel that the speech is religious, just that it is politically offensive to you. Why?

Yeah, what's objectionable about that speech?
                    I'm asking you. You, who have stated that you sincerely believe in 'freedom of speech', when really, you support speech codes to suppress speech that you personally find offensive. I want you to spell out what exactly are the codes that you are operating under. That is all. Show it out there for everyone to see.

They certainly would never let someone who espouses blatantly racist beliefs on here, and if somebody was seriously defending a letter which says the same of black people as what it says about homosexuals, they'd be banned (and such people have been banned in the past for it).
                    So I'd be banned if I stated that I thought gay people were targetting the younger generation in an effort to recruit supporters? Seriously? I'll defend Boissoin's claims as they match my own observations. I'm not doing it in an effort to demonstrate that gay people are evil, simply that their political movement is working in the manner in which Boissoin describes.

I can see why Boissoin's screed is so explosive, because he talks about things most people have chosen to avoid. I think he hit a home run, even more so because his speech has acheived notoriety. You don't acheive such vilification among your enemies, unless there is some truth to what you say. Your reaction here merely convinces me that Boissoin is right and you know it.

In recent years, gay marriage has been legalized. Support for it only is increasing over time. Church attendance is down. Fewer people are identifying themselves as Christian. The HRC has ruled that letter already to be an example of hate speech. In every possible way, you and your ilk have lost or are losing.
                    And in your 'victory' you have already lost. Thank you, Asher. Censorship is an evil which cuts both ways, and I hope you have the perspicacity to perceive the threat to your interests that censorship poses.

Comment

• Shut the **** up and quote me a single line from the guy's letter where he quoted the bible, AS YOU CLAIMED.

You are dodging the issue and trying to deflect and it will not work.

This is NOT THE FIRST TIME you have intentionally lied about this either.

Comment

• A true Christian would not do the things that you do, and if they inadvertently did they would apologize for it.
                        Oh, and what do you know of what a 'true Christian' would do, when you express constant contempt for their beliefs and their ideas? Look, if you had any love of Christ in you, you would not have posted this thread. So come off of this.

This is standard Alinsky tactics. Look, do you believe in freedom of speech, yes or no? If yes, how can you support censorship as you have here?

Comment

• QUOTE THE PART OF THE LETTER WHERE HE QUOTED THE BIBLE, BEN.

Do it or admit you lied.

Comment

• Where have I lied? Boissoin is a Christian pastor, and while his letter does not explicitly quote the bible, he refers to Christian principles throughout, namely that homosexuality is sinful. He was hauled before the HRC for his expression of Christian beliefs, and as you have said, charged with a hate crime. Does he need to quote chapter and verse before you regard the expression as Christian? The letter is a pastoral letter.

Comment

• Judas priest. Did the two of you get married and not tell me?
                              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                                Where have I lied?

It did that to Boissoin, who quoted the bible.
                                And now that I've shown you to be a liar, you admit:
                                his letter does not explicitly quote the bible
                                All while claiming not to be a liar.

You are a real piece of work. Easily the most worthless human being I have EVER had the misfortune of encountering. And I cannot tell you how sincere I am being. It is absolutely pathetic and I would urge you to see professional help if I thought you were capable of improvement, but it is clear that you are not.

Comment

Working...
                                X