Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Music Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Docfeelgood
    replied
    Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
    I'm a little surprised. I didn't even think there were 'conscious' white rappers in the early 90's.

    But that is so derivative of Public Enemy. Holy **** they're jacking Public Enemy's whole style. And that guy is def trying to do a Chuck D impression.
    Coud it be the other way around?

    Leave a comment:


  • Docfeelgood
    replied
    Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
    That was terrible.

    And Yeastie Girls? Such a rip off of Beastie Boys but on top of that... Yeastie? Women with yeast infections?
    LOL

    Leave a comment:


  • Docfeelgood
    replied
    Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
    Well it's not like the producers don't do work with the samples. That's what I was hoping to show with my sample/rap combos which I started posting a few months ago when Asher claimed that rappers were just using other people's music... yes, they're using other people's music, but producers and DJ's are rearranging it into a new product. It's still creative to take that loop and chop it and slice it, change the pitch, add a drum-line, and so forth to make a new musical composition. Think about it... they're taking any genre of music (classical, jazz, rock, doo wop, soul, blues, disco, etc.) and turning it into another.

    The very first mainstream rap song was just three guys rapping over a disco band performing a disco song. That's how modern rap emerged. It was MC's and DJ's rapping over disco breaks.

    You know Rapper's Delight, right? The first mainstream modern rap song from 1979... obviously, from the following you can tell rapping was fully-formed it was just done over disco instrumentation. I've posted songs in here in which performers were rapping as early as the 1950's. Rapping is very old but it's modern popularity dates from the late 70's.



    A year later, Kurtis Blow came out with The Breaks:

    I was going post that

    Leave a comment:


  • Al B. Sure!
    replied
    Okay this White Public Enemy group did a song with Paris? Paris worked with the real PE as well. Interesting.

    Leave a comment:


  • Al B. Sure!
    replied
    I'm a little surprised. I didn't even think there were 'conscious' white rappers in the early 90's.

    But that is so derivative of Public Enemy. Holy **** they're jacking Public Enemy's whole style. And that guy is def trying to do a Chuck D impression.

    Leave a comment:


  • Docfeelgood
    replied


    I think this correct
    Last edited by Docfeelgood; February 2, 2011, 04:38.

    Leave a comment:


  • Docfeelgood
    replied


    another of my rap

    what do you think?
    this is rap that actually INCLUDES intelligence

    Leave a comment:


  • Al B. Sure!
    replied
    That was terrible.

    And Yeastie Girls? Such a rip off of Beastie Boys but on top of that... Yeastie? Women with yeast infections?

    Leave a comment:


  • Docfeelgood
    replied
    now to me this is rap i like

    Leave a comment:


  • Al B. Sure!
    replied
    Well it's not like the producers don't do work with the samples. That's what I was hoping to show with my sample/rap combos which I started posting a few months ago when Asher claimed that rappers were just using other people's music... yes, they're using other people's music, but producers and DJ's are rearranging it into a new product. It's still creative to take that loop and chop it and slice it, change the pitch, add a drum-line, and so forth to make a new musical composition. Think about it... they're taking any genre of music (classical, jazz, rock, doo wop, soul, blues, disco, etc.) and turning it into another.

    The very first mainstream rap song was just three guys rapping over a disco band performing a disco song. That's how modern rap emerged. It was MC's and DJ's rapping over disco breaks.

    You know Rapper's Delight, right? The first mainstream modern rap song from 1979... obviously, from the following you can tell rapping was fully-formed it was just done over disco instrumentation. I've posted songs in here in which performers were rapping as early as the 1950's. Rapping is very old but it's modern popularity dates from the late 70's.



    A year later, Kurtis Blow came out with The Breaks:

    Leave a comment:


  • Docfeelgood
    replied
    Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
    It's funny how rap producers have used literally everything. Every sort of music you can think of can be spliced up, rearranged, and 'hip-hopified' so a rapper can rap over it. Name the song, some rapper somewhere rapped over a sample from that song.

    But no I didn't post that song to indicate it being especially good or anything. It's just funny cause it sampled Paul Davis' I Go Crazy. Reks is decidedly average, as far as rappers go.
    Acually that might be the reason have such a issue.
    Its like a lie or a cheat

    Damn i got to gat another key board.

    Back in a sec i got to reboot my com. all the videos.

    Leave a comment:


  • Al B. Sure!
    replied
    Originally posted by Docfeelgood View Post


    I will compair my rap i like to your style of rap

    This is so amusing. Have I seriously converted TWO middle-aged Texans to appreciate rap??!?! And meanwhile all these liberal 20-somethings that we have on this site and they all scorn rap as stupid and terrible?

    Props to you, Doc, and Sloww, for being open-minded.

    Leave a comment:


  • Docfeelgood
    replied
    Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post


    Did Docfeelgood just say he likes a RAP song??!!!


    I will compair my rap i like to your style of rap

    Leave a comment:


  • Al B. Sure!
    replied
    It's funny how rap producers have used literally everything. Every sort of music you can think of can be spliced up, rearranged, and 'hip-hopified' so a rapper can rap over it. Name the song, some rapper somewhere rapped over a sample from that song.

    But no I didn't post that song to indicate it being especially good or anything. It's just funny cause it sampled Paul Davis' I Go Crazy. Reks is decidedly average, as far as rappers go.

    Leave a comment:


  • Docfeelgood
    replied
    Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
    I knew that song sounds familiar!

    It was sampled here:


    Fukc that!

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X