A Music Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
    No it was the praise/inspiration stuff that was rough for me. Not the sound itself. If I didn't know English and didn't know what they were saying, I would like it better.

I don't dislike Christian music exactly... it's just that it's a knock on it for me. I don't know if you understand the English expression.

Like I like the following song by an otherwise secular singer... if he made an all-gospel album, though, ehh... it just would be a knock on it but since I like his voice and music in general, I'd probably still listen to it but it would come second to his secular stuff.

Now when it's already a genre I'm iffy about (rock) and it's Christian well that's two knocks on it and I'd probably say no thanks.

Oh and listening to the Transatlantic stuff... so far it sounds pretty good
    Never heard that expression before. Dictionary.com has never heard of it either. What does it mean? I naturally like Christian lyrics, I'm a Christian as you know. I like the message. Doesn't mean I can't like other either, and I don't see why you shouldn't like a song just because it has lyrics you disagree with. Most songs are in disagreement with my world view in one way or another these days, and have been for a few decades, but I can still value the songs for what they are worth.

Glad you like Transatlantic, it's one of my favourites. I love the music.
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• Here's a fantastic song:

Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

• a knock on something is like a strike against something.
        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• A-ha made other songs besides Take On Me? I notice that their singer sings in English so much instead of Norwegian.
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

a knock on something is like a strike against something.
            Strike against? If anything, the song is about what God is for us and what we are for him.

Comment

A-ha made other songs besides Take On Me? I notice that their singer sings in English so much instead of Norwegian.
              Loads of them. Quite a few great ones too.

Comment

• Comment

• this my latest tune, it's an attempt to recreate that minimal techno sound circa 2005/6. it's not finished yet (i need to sort out a few things on the mixing) but let me know what you think.

Explore the largest community of artists, bands, podcasters and creators of music & audio
                  "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

• zounds - demystification / great white hunter

shop assistants - i don't want to be friends with you
                    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

• Originally posted by C0ckney View Post
                      this my latest tune, it's an attempt to recreate that minimal techno sound circa 2005/6. it's not finished yet (i need to sort out a few things on the mixing) but let me know what you think.

http://soundcloud.com/our-man-in-brasil/sem-t-tulo
                      What's with that thing that sounds like a metronome? Is that necessary in techno music? There's something about it that sounds off-putting... like it sounds like a CD skip. The way it fades out is sonically bothersome to me. I can't explain it.

To be honest, I don't really like this. The sounds scream Fruity Loops stock sounds. There are loads of free samples out there, you know.

And the minimalism of it makes it dull. Sorry, Cockney. Not feeling it. But again, my judgment of this genre isn't very meaningful.

Comment

• Your other stuff was better, Cockney

Comment

• thanks for the feedback al, i can imagine it's not your sort of thing. i don't really know what you mean by cd skip? maybe the subs?

i didn't use one fruity loops stock sound as a matter of fact, they are all from other places. i was fairly pleased with it overall, i thought the bassline that starts after 2:15 was pretty good. i'm going to clean up the mix slightly (make the kick and subs louder and turn the hats down a touch) then put it out a bit wider. after that i'm going to start working on some brasilian funk tracks that i've had in mind for some time.

Comment

• Happy 66th to Eric.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Something upbeat for once...

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X