No announcement yet.

A Music Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah that's what I mean. See something like that could definitely be done more. And in the past, making a video was cost prohibitive for underground acts and it was pointless because there was no easily accessed means of distribution; you couldn't just get your video on MTV for example. Things are completely different now with youtube. I would think electronic music makers would be on the ball with this. It makes more sense now than ever before.

And yeah man. Brazil is a unique place that people would love to see in a video, especially that setup you described.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• pinch - get up feat. yolanda
        "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

• Just listening to this song on Spotify. Great song.

Spotify link: http://open.spotify.com/track/0wuuiVOnUygxKvN3Aq0qqU
          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
          I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
          Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• Nikolai is posting Christian rock

I probably posted this before when the song came out but **** it... Lupe

"One in the air for the people that ain’t here
            Two in the air for the father that’s there
            Three in the air for the kids in the ghetto
            Four for the kids who don’t wanna be there
            None for the n-ggas trying to hold them back
            Five in the air for the teacher not scared
            to tell those kids thats living in the ghetto that the n-ggas holdin back that the World is theirs!"

"For these ghetto girls and boys im rapping round the world for!
            Africa to New York, Haiti then I detour, Oakland out to Auckland
            Gaza Strip to Detroit, say hip-hop only destroy
            Tell em look at me, boy!"

Preach, Lupe
            Last edited by Al B. Sure!; March 26, 2011, 21:22.
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
              Nikolai is posting Christian rock
              Is that a problem? I listen to Metallica too from time to time.
              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

• Norsk arysk black metal!!

Comment

• *arisk

And while I have a very diverse music taste, that music is not my style. I love harder rock like modern prog rock though. Neal Morse, Transatlantic, Spock's Beard, Karmakanic......

Comment

• Originally posted by Nikolai View Post
                    Is that a problem? I listen to Metallica too from time to time.
                    Metallica is 10x worse than that Christian rock song in my mind. I'm no fan of the headbanging loudness of rock music.

Comment

• I have a diverse taste. But what was wrong with the song above? Just that it was Christian, that it was too heavy(hard to imagine, but still)? I enjoy your music very much, more than most posted here, but sometimes one need some real kicking music. The one above was pretty non-hard though.

Comment

• Very good, especially from 1.11 and onwards.

Comment

• Again, from a little over 1 min it really takes off.

Comment

• If you want a really relaxed, slow song of awesomeness, look no further.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nikolai View Post
                              I have a diverse taste. But what was wrong with the song above? Just that it was Christian, that it was too heavy(hard to imagine, but still)? I enjoy your music very much, more than most posted here, but sometimes one need some real kicking music. The one above was pretty non-hard though.
                              No it was the praise/inspiration stuff that was rough for me. Not the sound itself. If I didn't know English and didn't know what they were saying, I would like it better.

I don't dislike Christian music exactly... it's just that it's a knock on it for me. I don't know if you understand the English expression.

Like I like the following song by an otherwise secular singer... if he made an all-gospel album, though, ehh... it just would be a knock on it but since I like his voice and music in general, I'd probably still listen to it but it would come second to his secular stuff.

Now when it's already a genre I'm iffy about (rock) and it's Christian well that's two knocks on it and I'd probably say no thanks.

Oh and listening to the Transatlantic stuff... so far it sounds pretty good

Comment

• Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                                X